Premed 101 Forums

Email or snail mail on May 15

Well, this should settle it. The U of T admissions website has been updated with the following:

Admissions Update - May 1, 2007

As with all Ontario medical schools, we will be sending decisions to interviewed applicants on May 15.

Individuals receiving an offer of admission will be notified by email on May 15. The full offer package will follow by regular mail. Offer packages will be sent to the address you have provided to OMSAS as the address to be used after May 1. Responses to these offers of admission are required no later than May 29, 2007.

Refusal letters and Waitlist letters will also be be sent by email on May 15. We will not disclose an applicant's position on the waitlist. When a space in the class becomes available, the Admissions Office will contact the next person on the waitlist with an offer of admission. We will make repeated attempts to contact applicants from the waitlist who are being offered admission, until contact is made. Offers will be made on an ongoing basis throughout the summer until the class is full.

Inferring from two posts up: Rejections will be in letter form (usually small envelope) while acceptances are in packages (usually large). Regardless, you'll get an email on that day.

My question is though- how many kb are an acceptance email and how many kb are a rejection email?

joking

Inferring from two posts up: Rejections will be in letter form (usually small envelope) while acceptances are in packages (usually large). Regardless, you'll get an email on that day.

My question is though- how many kb are an acceptance email and how many kb are a rejection email?

joking

HAHA, I'll be looking at the title of the email instead!

joking

Post of the day. Awesome. Just doesn't get much better.

HAHA, I'll be looking at the title of the email instead!

Umm, I'll be looking inside the email.

But if you got an email, that probably means you're accepted, right? Judging from the admissions update quoted by Apothecary, individuals getting acceptances will definitely get an email. But it doesn't say anything about emails to the waitlisted/rejected. So, I would assume that everyone gets letters, but only straight-out acceptances get emails.

Hey guys!

I was walking through the MSB today and a lady was pushing a cart....with boxes of envelopes in it. Each envelope had some letter with the Faculty of Medicine letterhead on it.

I got curious so I asked her if they are the acceptance packages.

She was like...err...um..mayybbeee..

So. They are big yellow envelopes!

I didn't apply to U of T but I wish you all good luck!

Hey guys!

I was walking through the MSB today and a lady was pushing a cart....with boxes of envelopes in it. Each envelope had some letter with the Faculty of Medicine letterhead on it.

You should have stole her cart!

Hey guys!

Hahaha, I saw that today too!

Archived