Premed 101 Forums

Submitted

Guest jase

Well, I finally submitted in the past couple of days. I suppose the discussion groups will remain quiet until Jan/Feb rolls around. Good luck with everyone in their studies (and yes, don't forget to study while you're dreaming of your interviews and acceptances for next year! :) )

Good luck everyone again.

See you next year.

If you are having problems with the server, I would suggest that you submit or add to your application during the wee hours of the morning (3-6am worked best). sounds crazy, but at least you're not sitting there starring at a blank screen only to find an error message turn up.

All the best. (there has got to be a better way!)

I'm feeling much better now that my app is actually submitted. the slowness of the site was worrying me a lot. Now, I guess all I can do is wait, first for my MCAT scores and then for interview invites/rejections. Good luck everyone...

I'm almost done...took me 4 hours to enter transcripts info (if I apply again next year...I'm going to get everything in the first day!) Is the submission process LONG? Just want to know if I need to prepare and set aside another 4 hours =)

-Thanks

Guest TimmyMax

Hey,

The length is very dependent on the traffic of the site, but I would definitely set aside a few hours just to be safe. I submitted last Tuesday night @ 10PM and it took me 2 hours to go through the 3 or 4 screens. It's best to do it in the wee hours of the morning(3-6 AM), so set your alarm! Best of luck!

Timmy

When I tried submitting yesterday evening, it took about 15 minutes. DON'T cancel and try again after pressing submit because you think the system is messed up. It's actually working, you just have to be patient and wait. Otherwise you'll just have to go through the wait again later!

Guest jeffyweffy

I decided at the last few weeks to go through with one application to McMaster only. I am a non-science student. As I was loading the last of things (my marks) onto the application, Oct 14 at about 2355 hours, the server at Omsas seems to have gone down. So I wonder if I will be able to get the application submitted today!

They warned the procrastinators about this....

Good luck all.

Jeff

Guest jeff bishop

keep trying. the server must be down. although they have said they will not grant exceptions, they wil do so i beleive. the lawsuits could sink them...

lol

Guest jeff bishop

we just gotta keep trying... and maybe document your times. we may have to fight to get an extension on submitting. none will be granted. until the lawsuits hit 24 million :)

Guest ricorod

Yeah, it's 5:15 AM EDT.....I figured now of all times I'd be able to get on, but I guess not! I'm getting pretty nervous and scared, but hoping that either 1) it'll get back up pretty soon, or 2) they'll let us submit a little bit late. Frustrating as hell!

Listen dude.... Law school deadlines are in two weeks....

Maybe you should go for law since you are so caught up on the lawsuits.

Honestly though....what are our options?????

Here's someone else who's been waiting up all night - this is so frustrating! But I imagine their procastination warnings were referring to individual cases of not being able to submit, not for the entire freaking server... *crossing fingers*

Anyway, there's still 11 hours left and the server better come back on soon.

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one sitting here, trying to reload the page every second with anticipation to see something, anything load. It's now 6:25am, and, I'm been unsuccessful for almost 5 hours now.. straight. Can anyone shed some light..

Guest jeff bishop

Maybe we should sing to it!

"come back again....

we want you to stay next time"

@home is the most excellent place of all,

and I'll be right here if you should call me....

Turn on your heart-light"

etc etc

ad nosium

Guest bradfullmer44

Geez, up all night, eh? I feel like such a punk now, stealing away with a couple of hours of sleep just now. Ah, I wish I could have stayed there. 'Twas such a happy place........

Doh.

What can we do? I was in the middle of editing my applications, at 1:30am, and the site crashed. I haven't been able to successfully log in again.. since. I may begin to loose hope shortly.. :(

Archived