Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist is moving!

Oligoaqd

IP .

33Q ( 13 P, 14B, 6 V) MCAT

3.84 GPA at McGill in Microbio and Immunology.

and extracurriculars include hospital volunteering, an on-campus/Off-campus club, WHO volunteering, Disaster relief volunteer, 3 different research backgrounds, athletic awards, 2 international conference presentations, math provincial award, Peer and private tutoring for 4 years , ....

This is the second time applying to this school. Last year had a 29 Mcat and did not make it post interview. ( waitlisted) I was accepted to couple of American schools this year but Mcgill was my first choice.

IP .

and extracurriculars include hospital volunteering, an on-campus/Off-campus club, WHO volunteering, Disaster relief volunteer, 3 different research backgrounds, athletic awards, 2 international conference presentations, math provincial award, Peer and private tutoring for 4 years , ....

This is the second time applying to this school. Last year had a 29 Mcat and did not make it post interview. ( waitlisted) I was accepted to couple of American schools this year but Mcgill was my first choice.

Awesome, congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

IP .

Good to hear you got in, man. I actually know you! :)

congrats!

congrats!

just wondering....why are you ALL in microbio and immunology :) ....where are the rest of science department :confused:

I also think it's funny how everyone seems to be in microbio :)

by the way, in my class, it seems like every second person is from physiology while the class ahead of mine (2009), there are tons of microbio students

maybe it's some sort of weird trend :eek:

congrats!

I also think it's funny how everyone seems to be in microbio :)

by the way, in my class, it seems like every second person is from physiology while the class ahead of mine (2009), there are tons of microbio students

maybe it's some sort of weird trend :eek:

Whatever it is, I'm quite glad I was in micro and immuno this year. haha.

Well,I heard that more ppl getting in from microbio rather than physiology was actually a trend that began a couple of years ago at McGill. Apparently, most people, me included,feel that if they can't get into medicine, a microbio undergrad leads to more opportunities then a physio undergrad.

IP .

A 6V, i guess Mcgill is quite lenient on the MCAT as long as it adds up to

Have you taken the MCAT yourself? What's your score? FYI, a 33 MCAT is pretty good given the guy's GPA, no matter what.

A friend of mine got into med with a 30 MCAT last year, another one got into MD/PhD with a 29 MCAT. MCAT isn't everything.

Archived