Premed 101 Forums

Three Weeks...

...Tick Tock...

I have started opening up my mailbox as if I am trying to surprise whatever is inside. Unfortunately, I have not surprised any offers of admission. I know I will hear by e-mail before I receive any paper, but I do it for the same reason I lock-unlock-lock-unlock-lock-unlock my front door.

That is all.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From reading through last years' posts, they send both acceptance offers and wait list notices by e-mail, which is followed up quite some time later with a orientation package for those lucky enough to get good news. If you are not offered a spot, you are put on the wait list. They won't let you know what your chances are unless they are good.

(The first-year I was staying with in Kingston said that she called in mid-July, inquiring about her position on the wait list. The office told her to hold on, as she was very close to the top. A week later, she received some good news.)

LOL i had a dream that it was may 14th and i got some really cryptic email about admissions, but the email never specified the result. I think i'm slowly going insane. T-minus 2.5 weeks o_O

Yeah, imagine getting an email May 14th: "You will be receiving information regarding the status of your application in the next few days. We just wanted to give you a head's up and let you know so that you can purchase champagne/vodka and a mattress to faint on."

When you really think about it, what is most nerve wracking for me is that the decisions have already been made. In each institutition, there are several computers in the admissions office that have us all categorized already, just sitting there for another 2.5 weeks before being sent out.

When you really think about it, what is most nerve wracking for me is that the decisions have already been made. In each institutition, there are several computers in the admissions office that have us all categorized already, just sitting there for another 2.5 weeks before being sent out.

hahhaha i say we organize ourselves and raid the admissions office sometime in the middle of the night and find out if we got in :P beats studying for exams... (cause if you know you got in, why bother studying for exams??)

well sensfan... since you're already in kingston... and seem to know the area quite well... and are probably looking for something to do other than study for your impending finals... i'm not suggesting anything... but, i'm sure some people on these boards would make it worth your while if you... ;):P hahahahhaha

hahahaha i've psyched myself up that there's a possibility of hearing from queens on the 14th! That's what their post-interview thank-you-and-good-luck message claims

:D :D :D

and my head will be spinning and my heart will also be pounding... but probably because i'll be drinking myself silly :P

hahahaha i've psyched myself up that there's a possibility of hearing from queens on the 14th! That's what their post-interview thank-you-and-good-luck message claims

:D :D :D

and my head will be spinning and my heart will also be pounding... but probably because i'll be drinking myself silly :P

They sent a post-interview thank-you-and-good-luck message? Would you mind telling me when they sent those out?

it's on their interview weekend website... to lazy to link to it... or maybe it was on their virtually unused message boards... either way, i remember reading a message from the class president saying that some may be sent starting the 14th...

that may refer to some paper hitting the mail on the 14th...not likely to be delivered before the 15th, and that naturally doesn't even mean that any email notifications will hit Inboxes prior to the 15th.

Assume it's the 15th, maybe (thought I highly doubt it) there will be a surprise...pace yourself in the anticipation game folks. This week is gonna crawl by at the very least for most :):)

okay so a few dumb questions about how they are notifying us:

1) do we get an acceptance or rejection or waitlist email? like, the email they send will have one of those responses in them??

2) what time are they sending them out?? should i check my inbox at 12:01 am on the 15th? or sometime later that day?

thanks guys!

Archived