Premed 101 Forums

Three Weeks...

The detour this thread has taken, along with this wait, instill in me a strong desire to post some blasphemy against the Christian god. I will resist this urge for the sake of preserving any fragile minds browsing this board.

So......less than a day left before someone starts hearing something!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was going to stay quiet but oh, whatever...

Paulos, it's highly commendable that you have such faith. It's also endearing that you try to tell others about the wonders of Jesus Christ. I am sure that you are a wonderful missionary. However, there are many ways bear witness to Christ and many ways to speak about Jesus. In my humble opinion, I feel that in this case, you might not have approached speaking to others about Jesus in necessarily the best way possible. In fact, it is my worry that you might have just painted, in particular to people who might not have had much exposure to Christianity prior to this incident, a rightly or wrongly perceived picture of all Christians and all missionaries as arrogant and slightly jerk-ish, when in fact, we are very lovely people. Good luck with your future endeavours and I hope that everything works out for you. God bless.

To everybody else, I really really hope that you do not take the conduct of one or two posters and extrapolate it to all Christians that you may meet in the future, or feel less inclined to expose yourself to Christianity and learn about Jesus due to the negative view of Christianity that certain people have left you with. Come on... Mother Teresa believed in Jesus and she's pretty cool, right? :)

watch out not to talk about your faith here, apparently big brother is watching...

meds meds meds meds

Don't confuse censorship with housekeeping. If I started several redundant threads on this forum aggressively extolling the virtues of atheism in medicine, I would be as off-topic as you are right now.

To the best of my knowledge, preaching is beyond the scope of this forum.

If you want to make converts, might I suggest embodying the benevolence and humility espoused by the better exponents of your religion by:

1. Realizing that this forum is not your temple and that there are people here who are not interested in an off-topic sermon.

2. Do not deprecate the accomplishments of past, present and future doctors by labeling them all crass materialists. Instead, offer support and gentle guidance to people who express a desire to fight the corrupting aspects material wealth while pursuing a fundamentally altruistic profession.

3. Search for the root of sin within yourself before accusing others of hypocrisy.

4. Do not blame the world for your inability to get into medical school. Such behavior makes you - and your god - look weak.

I could say more, but I want to go downstairs, eat and forget that May 15th is tomorrow. In the meantime, do try to behave yourself. :)

Is that anime Berserk?

No, I actually thought Berserk was very well done despite being unfinished. I watched the second season of Space Battleship Yamato. It was so stupid that it actually succeeded in distracting me from thinking about tomorrow. Our differences regarding Berserk aside, it is good to meet another anime fan who is also a pre-med.

Archived