Premed 101 Forums

Verifier "Comments"

Guest Aidan

What are you guys putting in the "Comments" field for your verifiers (if anything)? All I can think of is maybe including the job title of each person.

...3 days to go!!!

I've got a question to add to this one....are people using verifiers that really arent in a formal position....for example, im using a friend who worked with me at foot locker and helps me coach, as a verifier for both experiences....do you think it matters? SHould i put anything in the description box? I tried to, but there isnt enough room....they should be able to figure out what im doing right?

Also, suppose I had to verify working at X....and i used Joe Blow to verify it...do you think its neccessary to explain how the person can verify it, or will they know that in some way shape or form (manager, fellow employee etc.) that this person can verify what i need them to verify.....

P.S. the reason why im using these 'informal' verifiers is b/c im not sure who i would contact for some of my jobs/extracurrics since they happened before i was in uni...the managers/supervisers that were working there have since moved on...

i hate this appliaction...

nonce

I was just reading over the McMaster entry in OMSAS booklet and they specifically say

"The Contact Persons for the Verification List must not contain a description of the activity/example. It should only include the name, position/organization (if applicable), address, and telephone number of the person(s) who can verify that you participated in the activity cited."

So I would'nt put anything in there other than job title.

Sooooo close to being done.......BAH! :(

Archived