Premed 101 Forums

MCAT Staff Meeting w/ Cdn Med Schools

webshy

The following information is posted on Dalhousie's website (http://admissions.medicine.dal.ca/):

I found the last paragraph particularly interesting.

Elaine

Important MCAT Information

Registration is open for all dates, however many of the available dates are now filled. As per the MCAT website:

How to Find an Available Seat

If, while attempting to register for a test in August, you get a message that says "No Seat Available," here's what to do:

Try another date in August or September until you have tried them all. We are offering the exam eight times over seven days in August and September.

Try another test center.

Try registering for a date in May, June, or July.

The MCAT staff will be meeting with Admissions Deans and Officers from Canadian Medical Schools this week at the AFMC Annual meeting. At that time we hope to find out more information about the seat capacity problem and online registration issues. An update will be posted on our website with any new information as soon as it is available.

The MCAT staff will be meeting with Admissions Deans and Officers from Canadian Medical Schools this week at the AFMC Annual meeting. At that time we hope to find out more information about the seat capacity problem and online registration issues.

what could happen as a result of this meeting??

They're clever little twits. They're not going to add more seats until they can milk the May and June seats for all they're worth. At the very least, they want us to sign up for seats that are impossibly far; when they add new ones, $50 in their pockets. I'm just going to wait it out. No way in Hell they don't add more seats.

Either they are money hungry scum bags or theyre stupid for not being intelligent enough to devise a plan for a smooth transition to computerized MCATs

It's the former. I e-mailed them, and they said they can add more seats, but have no plans to as of yet. They told me I should "secure a seat in the US".

Archived