Premed 101 Forums

PAT and Reading comprehension

Hi,

I am studying for the DAT and am now looking for a tutor to help me study for carving, PAT and perhaps help me little bit with reading comprehension in terms of strategies.

Can anyone please let me know where I can find potential DAT, one-on-one tutors?

thanks

Hi

Can anyone tell me what is the best way to improve on the PAT and reading comprehension. I am looking for a DAT tutor for PAT because i cannot seem to get higher than a 14. Can anyone please help me? What books and resources do you suggest?

thanks a lot

I heard barron's has good PAT material and that practice is the key

I know where you're coming from I also did poorly on PAT (16) and I'm also re-writing in Nov, i'm also finding it difficult to improve (only with keyhole and folding) I just can't do it, even when I practice more and more. I'm just going to do the best I can and try to do better on the other PAT sections so that I can bring up my PAT score

good luck

-wisdom_tooth

Hi

Can anyone tell me what is the best way to improve on the PAT and reading comprehension. I am looking for a DAT tutor for PAT because i cannot seem to get higher than a 14. Can anyone please help me? What books and resources do you suggest?

thanks a lot

Shimmer2006,

Since you are applying to medical school as well, how did you do on the MCAT Verbal? The DAT reading comprehension is a lot easier than the MCAT verbal. Generally, of my friends that wrote both exams, they never seem to have trouble with the reading comprehension section as oppose to the verbal section. If you find that section hard in DAT, you may want to look into the MCAT first since it is much harder and likely you will have a lot more problems with the MCAT section.

I heard barron's has good PAT material and that practice is the key

I know where you're coming from I also did poorly on PAT (16) and I'm also re-writing in Nov, i'm also finding it difficult to improve (only with keyhole and folding) I just can't do it, even when I practice more and more. I'm just going to do the best I can and try to do better on the other PAT sections so that I can bring up my PAT score

Wisdom_tooth,

As for the PAT section, I do find that it helps to practice and more importantly, to practice the techniques. For the folding section, it helped me a lot to maintain a continuous mental picture of the square as it is folded. Keep in mind, in a number of those sections, you can rule out 2 of the answers quickly. This is a another good technique to develop - ruling out wrong answers.

Archived