Premed 101 Forums

Kaplan or Examkraker, or both?

x-treme

I really liked the layout of Kaplan's Premier 2007/2008 guide (over princeton's), but was wondering if I should also pick up some of the Examkraker books as well for additional help, such as the 5 pack study guide, or any of the 1001 questions (Physics, Chemistry, Verbal Reasoning..). Is the 5 pack guide too much?

I have not been able to view the Examkraker books in my local stores, so I'd be purchasing them online without viewing.

I understand everyone study habits are diferent, but an suggestions would be great.

Thanks

i tried kaplan in 2003, and scored 10/10 on the sciences.

last year i used audio examkrackers, listened about 4+ times to each lecture, and got 12/12 on sciences.

it's not as much about comprehension as about recognition (key facts, words, ideas)

Guest amar21

i got the MCAT premier program 2006 edition... will this text still suffice for the '07 examinations? I mean, i assume that science will not change from year-to-year ! This was the only kaplan book left on the shelves of Chapters.

i used kaplan for science and examcracker101 passage for verbal. I got 14 in both physical science and biological science & a 10 in verbal. I found kaplan's review package contains concise notes; they are easy to study but sometimes contains some typo that you have to watch out for. For verbal, I would suggest you just keep reading different things to improve it. Examcracker101 has tons of questions, but some of the answers hadn't made sense to me ever.

anways, I got both books for sale. If you want them, just pm me.

________

Head shop

i got the MCAT premier program 2006 edition... will this text still suffice for the '07 examinations? I mean, i assume that science will not change from year-to-year ! This was the only kaplan book left on the shelves of Chapters.

The material you have to learn does not change from year to year. Even though there are fewer questions in the CBT MCAT, the same amount of content is required.

Archived