Premed 101 Forums

Rooms in my house for rent - Sudbury

Hey guys,

Congrats to all those who are reading this... probably means you got in! I'm following Mark B's lead in putting my place up for rent (his place is amazing btw!).

I will be in 3rd year in Sept. and will be moving with my wife to North Bay for clerkship for 8 months. We bought our first house last year so as you can expect we want to rent it to responsible students.

Details:

South end (Loach's road) 4 bed, 3 bath, garage, deck, BBQ, gas fireplace, one car garage, new appliances (washer, dryer, dishwasher!, stove, oven etc.), near the school (closer to bike than drive) and the ski/bike trails. The furniture we leave behind can be used or we can store it in the basement.

The rooms will vary in rent... one has 2 closets and an en suite, 2 other upstairs and one large bedroom in the basement.

We'll be away May 19th-June 2nd, but I will reply as soon as I can. ma_roy@laurentian.ca

Marc

• 3 weeks later...

So we're back. From what I hear some of you are struggling to find a place. I was in the same boat 2 years ago and it was very frustrating. We ended up buying a place because we couldn't find anything.

As mentioned above, my clerkship is in North Bay next year and we love our house too much to sell so we'll be renting it out.

Some additional info: The address is 2 Lady Ashley if you want to do a drive-by (not the "Boyz n the Hood" kind).

details (some repeated from above):

4 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, BBQ, dishwasher, washer & dryer, microwave (all new appliances), deck, mint garden (I like mojitos), cleaning lady!!!, gas fireplace, foosball table, garage. The house is pretty new and is in a great neighbourhood. We're gonna leave the main areas mostly furnished but there's plenty of room in the basement to store anything.

Rooms are $450 each and $550 for the masterbedroom (ensuite) + utilities (gas, hydro and water). School year only... if you need longer we can probably accomodate.

Gimme a shout and stop for a beer 523-2237.

Archived