Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist, oh waitlist...

Hey guys and gals, this might be a rather pointless post....but do you think there is Any hope of still making it off the waitlist? it is now June 14 (as though none of you were aware of that)

I'm 4th year IP waitlisted

Has anybody heard about the IP list moving since June 6th?, how many IP 4th year spots do we venture to guess are still unfilled?

:confused:

Although I don't know anyone who has gotten off the 2nd/3rd year waitlist, I'm pretty sure it has already began to move, because it makes no sense for them to begin moving the 4th year pool at a different time (which has already occured).

Although I don't know anyone who has gotten off the 2nd/3rd year waitlist, I'm pretty sure it has already began to move, because it makes no sense for them to begin moving the 4th year pool at a different time (which has already occured).

Yeah, I didnt think it made sense for them to start moving the different waitlists at different times. let me rephrase the question, "Does anyone know of any students who have gotten in off the second and third year waitlist?" Im anticipating an answer of no but I need some way to waste time at the lab during incubations and washes and this forum seems to work quite well.

• 2 weeks later...

hey everyone,

just wanted to let you guys know that the OOP waitlist is moving and will be moving some more :)

I got off the waitlist but will be declining the offer. And be sure to check your ualberta email account for the news! i received the news by mail today but was actually notified by email a week ago!

Good Luck!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think there is some lack of enthusiasm because of how much the timing sucks. Plans had already likely been made and finalized for more undergrad, a masters, travel, etc. Med schools need to lock it up and get all the invites out sooner so that this type of problem doesn't occur.

I think there is some lack of enthusiasm because of how much the timing sucks. Plans had already likely been made and finalized for more undergrad, a masters, travel, etc. Med schools need to lock it up and get all the invites out sooner so that this type of problem doesn't occur.

That's true. Canadian schools are too slow when it comes to this kind of stuff. They tell everyone applying to med to have a plan B, but it's hard to actually make something concrete if things are still up in the air so late into the year. I want to know how US schools are able to proceed through it so much faster? Is it because they have more money to devote to a larger admissions committee, or because in Canada, students are typically held at the mercies of the schools for admissions? I don't know, but decisions need to be made soon. If not decisions, at least interview offers so they can spend the time amount of time on decisions. Places with cut-offs for interviews have no excuse for not being able to offer interviews sooner than those places without cut-offs. Queen's should be able to pull out interview offers starting in November if it's just MCAT and GPA. This way they can finish the process by February instead of interviewing then.

Oh, no. Don't get me wrong. I'm super excited. I was just still in a state of shock when I posted yesterday. That quickly transitioned to excitement and now a slight panic because I realize O-week starts on the 27th and I'm working full time until the 17th and in Mexico from the 18th to the 25th.

The timing did kind of suck but I'm also not going to complain about a med school acceptance offer. I'd made a bunch of plans for this upcoming year and I was really looking forward to my time off but I guess I'll have to put those on hold for the time being. Actually, the first question I asked after she offered me the spot was if it was possible to defer my acceptance (the answer was no).

Still.. yeah. Very excited. :)

________

Hyde Park Residence Pattaya

I was by the admissions office today so I deceided to stop in and see if they could give me anymore info about the waitlist. I didnt get much but was told to "definatly expect movment in the waitlist in the upcoming days". Could mean good news for some lucky aplicants out there.

Archived