Premed 101 Forums

How competitive are my scores?

Hello all, I've just discovered this forum and i'm so glad I found it! I wrote the DAT this past february and I'm torn between whether i should rewrite it in november or not. My scores are:

Reading - 18

Biology - 19

Chemistry - 24

PAT - 18

Carving - 24

Total Science - 21

Academic Average - 20

If I want to enter the Ontario schools, do you guys think I should rewrite the DAT? I would really appreciate your suggestions!

Hello all, I've just discovered this forum and i'm so glad I found it! I wrote the DAT this past february and I'm torn between whether i should rewrite it in november or not. My scores are:

Reading - 18

Biology - 19

Chemistry - 24

PAT - 18

Carving - 24

Total Science - 21

Academic Average - 20

If I want to enter the Ontario schools, do you guys think I should rewrite the DAT? I would really appreciate your suggestions!

NO you should not...those scores are GOOD enough for any school in North America! concentrate on other parts of your APP! :)

NO you should not...those scores are GOOD enough for any school in North America! concentrate on other parts of your APP! :)

Thanks for your reply!! I was browsing through the forum and read that the cutoff score for Reading Comprehension was 19 for western. If my score is 18, wouldn't I not make the cutoff? Is "19" a firm cutoff or is it more like and "average of matriculants" number?

I tried searching on the UT and Western websites for their stats/cutoff scores but I couldn't find anything.....

I got an interview at Western with an 18 in RC. I asked Trish about it afterwards and she says the AA is what is looked upon more importantly in terms of the DAT and since your GPA and interview scores are weighted heavily, the RC section is relatively a minor factor. But then again, things seem to change a bit each year.

Your DAT scores are very similar to mine, although my carving was much lower and my PAT was a 20. I got into UofT so you definitely have a shot.

Archived