Premed 101 Forums

more first round offers than spots?

Does anyone know if Western sends out more first round offers than the # of spots they have? I posted this same thread for U of T, but I wanted to ask all you Westerners too. My thinking: If they wanted to fill 147 spots and knew that they on average get: 64-103 declined offers, it would make sense if they sent out approximately 147 + 64 = 211 first round offers to get the most qualified applicants. This would then leave very little room for waitlist movement and greatly reduce the chances of getting in off the wait list.

Does anyone know how many first round offers western sent out?

Does anyone know if Western sends out more first round offers than the # of spots they have? I posted this same thread for U of T, but I wanted to ask all you Westerners too. My thinking: If they wanted to fill 147 spots and knew that they on average get: 64-103 declined offers, it would make sense if they sent out approximately 147 + 64 = 211 first round offers to get the most qualified applicants. This would then leave very little room for waitlist movement and greatly reduce the chances of getting in off the wait list.

Does anyone know how many first round offers western sent out?

At any given time, Western has as many open offers out as there are free spots in the class. No more, no less.

pb

18. How many people receive an offer of admission?

Each year, UWO interviews ~420 applicants. There are currently 133 positions in the first year class. Last year (meds 2007), 238 offers of admission were made to fill the 133 available seats.

This is right from the UWO FAQs posted as a sticky note. Here is the link, can someone confirm.

http://www.premed101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9471

18. How many people receive an offer of admission?

Each year, UWO interviews ~420 applicants. There are currently 133 positions in the first year class. Last year (meds 2007), 238 offers of admission were made to fill the 133 available seats.

This is right from the UWO FAQs posted as a sticky note. Here is the link, can someone confirm.

http://www.premed101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9471

This shows quite clearly that UWO goes deep into its waitlist (105 deep, in the case of Meds '07).

I hope you can see that this isn't inconsistent with UWO only having as many offers out at any given time as there are unfilled spots in the class.

Make sense?

pb

Archived