Premed 101 Forums

curious about UofT and verifiers

hey guys,

i'm curious..did UofT contact any of your verifiers for your activities?- for both accepted and waitlisted applicants. i was accepted-however i've spoken to mine and they said that they weren't contacted. this puzzles me. :confused:

I was accepted too and no one said they were contacted. Its either random or used when the activity seems a little odd. This is why I think the OMSAS 48 activity list is overrated; people can just write whatever they want. Marks/MCAT/essay/LORs are the best ways to gauge an applicant. congrats on the acceptance too =)

I don't really know if my verifiers were contacted by UofT. I had quite a few different verifiers. Some of them I'm quite close to and would let me know if they had been contacted. Some of them I don't see very often (eg. high school counsellor) - if they had been contacted, I wouldn't have known.

I do know that (at least) one of my verifiers was contacted by UBC.

I run a volunteer program and I have been contacted for verifing people's things. I think it would be a shame to stop using the sketch because not everyone had the highest marks. Some people have high marks but really showed themselves in the interesting things they did. It would be too hard for them to check 48 things on every person so I think they do spot checks and if it seems someone did a whole lot.

Archived