Premed 101 Forums

Has anyone figure out if anyone got rejected post interview?

It is true - in 2004 [Queens] ran out of everyone on the wait-list and had to start calling people who were rejected. My friend was on the admissions committee that year. Everyone who interviewed was eventually offered a spot. To avoid that problem I bet they don't reject people out-right.

I find this hard to believe b/c from the AFMC admissions book, it's clear that Queens makes offers to ~200 people each year (including 2004) but i'm pretty sure they interview ~450 each year... maybe there was a coverup!! :eek:

Some of you may find this comforting

I was actually talking with some faculty in Ottawa (I'm at Ottawa U, and I do research at the Faculty of Medicine) and they were telling me that this year, they expect all universities to go up even more in the waiting list as previous years. I'm not so sure I understand why, but it has to do with the cohort. They say and expect that the double cohort is hitting and that this year, as the cohort has always been, they are very competitive and that many students applied and interviewed at many school, therefore reducing the province/country wide pool of applicants, and as a result, admissions from different schools could be offered to the same person, at a higher rate than previous years!

This intuitively makes sense, but then again I fear that I am second last on the waiting list.

hi guys,

i spoke with deb from admissions and asked her when they will start offering admission to ppl on the waitlist. She said as soon as they have info they will start offering to people on the waitlist. She said that they will start earlier than what they said in the email (end of june).

This is encouraging news!

It will be interesting to see how far down the list UT goes this year. That is, how many of the posters who have identified themselves on this forum as waitlisted at UT, eventually gain offers of admission. Best of luck to those who are waitlisted.

I find this hard to believe b/c from the AFMC admissions book, it's clear that Queens makes offers to ~200 people each year (including 2004) but i'm pretty sure they interview ~450 each year... maybe there was a coverup!! :eek:

No, it is technically possible. They interview ~450 people and make initial offers to ~100 people. If 250 take themselves off the waitlist (having gotten in elsewhere), then they can make offers to ~200 people and go through all the people that were interviewed.

Having said that, I don't think they would go through all the people they interview. Otherwise, they'd interview more people the next year.

I received a voicemail from Leslie Taylor today, and was told to call back Deborah as they hadn't received my response yet. I told her I was declining my offer and she said they'll be moving onto the waitlist ASAP, I hope you guys received notice soon, it sounds like they're trying to move fast.

Archived