Premed 101 Forums

accepting an offer

for people accepting their offers, i just wanted to make sure i got it straight as to exactly what we have to send to the university, especially in terms of fulfilling the conditions of the offer.

i'm just slightly paranoid about sending marks - since i'm at an ontario university, does that mean i only send in the form to OMSAS, and nothing to ottawa? do i just assume that they'll get my information in terms of passing this year, and fulfilling the required courses (which i've already done) (2 of the conditions of the offer) from OMSAS? or did i miss something about sending in transcripts from this year/prereqs in the info package?

so far i've just sent them everything on the last page of the offer (ie. where it lists off exactly what they want... OMSAS acceptance letter, ottawa acceptance letter, money etc). i'm probably just being very paranoid with the whole fulfilling the conditions part of this, as it doesn't say they want transcripts etc. just wanted to make sure!

thanks!

That's what I understood, although I was actually wondering the same thing. Maybe email them to be sure?

Don't worry though, I'm sure if they're missing something, they'll contact you and won't throw you out because you misunderstood ;) They were missing something in my application before they even granted me an interview and they emailed me to tell me. Once you're in & sent your deposit and everything, I think they'll work even harder to keep you.

• 2 weeks later...

hey everyone -

i just wanted to make sure i got this right - we need CPR level C, but not first aid training, right? i'm just wondering because a few of my friends are going to other med schools and need both CPR and first aid

thanks!

hey everyone -

i just wanted to make sure i got this right - we need CPR level C, but not first aid training, right? i'm just wondering because a few of my friends are going to other med schools and need both CPR and first aid

thanks!

First aid is not required, that is correct. And don't worry about things not getting in on time and your offer being passed on to someone else. Talon is right, if something is amiss, the admissions office will definitely contact you and let you know the proper course of action. I just completed my immunization record in March, better late than never I always say. Your job for the rest of the summer is to RELAX and ENJOY it :) !!

Hello...this is a really dumb question. Should the original OMSAS response form be sent to OMSAS and a photocopy be sent to the faculty of Med? Or vice versa? Or can original versions of the form be sent to both (since we were sent PDF files and can print off two forms)? I know this is a stupid question, but if you can help I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!

Hello...this is a really dumb question. Should the original OMSAS response form be sent to OMSAS and a photocopy be sent to the faculty of Med? Or vice versa? Or can original versions of the form be sent to both (since we were sent PDF files and can print off two forms)? I know this is a stupid question, but if you can help I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!

I sent the original to OMSAS and sent the copy to the Faculty, and everything went fine. However, I doubt it matters.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived