Premed 101 Forums

You are at NOSM East, right? I don't know about Sudbury, but here in Thunder Bay, the winters are so cold that you wouldn't want to be caught outside for too long on your way to/from class. Plus, the bus service isn't great... I'd definitely prefer a car for Thunder Bay.

• 2 months later...

Cars are a nice advantage in Thunder Bay as well, due to the geography of it being a city combined from two cities. There is bus service throughout the but it is at times a bit tedious. Most placements are in partners and I have found my fellow students and I often car pool etc. and as a group are close enough helping one another out with a ride is not a big deal. But the luxery of having your own car at times can be priceless, when you want to pop over to the university to do a couple of things, when you want to get groceries, as the university and the grocery store and a good 15 minute walk apart, or just when you want to drive out of town and do a little hiking. You could make it work but a car definately makes the struggle a bit easier. Good Luck!

Archived