Premed 101 Forums

Canadian programs that are not taken into consideration in American schools...

Hi everyone, I'm currently doing a minor in sciences and a minor in biology (micro) in university of montreal. Everything is doing great so far, but I alway's like to think in advance and explore other possibilities if I, god forbid, don't get accepted in montreal. I heard that american schools do not count minors as a program. So basically, if I apply to an american school with 2 minors (which equals to a major here) they do not consider it?

Can anyone elaborate on this subject please?

Thanks alot!

Well I just graduated from Purdue U. (IN), and I've never heard of anyone doing two minors but no major before. I've heard of doing a major and a minor, or two majors, but not your scenario. I'm guessing that they will not combine them and make them one major like they do in Montreal. They may only consider the individual classes you took towards the pre-requisites, and then they'll still consider you as not having fulfilled a degree (but instead as having fulfilled two "associates"). Associate=minor in the states. Example I have a degree in Biology and an associates in Chemistry.

Archived