Premed 101 Forums

UofT Dent and Medical School bound for 2007

Hey folks,

If you are certain that you will be going to either Med School or to UofT Dentistry and you applied to UWO Dentistry, makes sure you tell the admissions at UWO that you will be withdrawing your offer. This is so that the wait-listers won't have to wait even longer to get called. :D

My $0.02

Isn't this kind of pointless because we don't know how things will pan out with UWO? I mean I could withdraw my application with a number of schools right now but what's the point? I paid the application fee and went to the interview so I might as well see how things work out.

Yeah wish, I understand where you are coming from. But if you are quite certain you are going to drop one of them it would be nice of you to drop asap so the next person in line can get on with their life.

Playing this waitlist game is dreadful...I don't see how someone can enjoy their summer when they are constantly lurking on this forum to check for movement and then alt-tabing back to their hotmail to see if htye got a letter yet-lol!

cheers

D

If someone gets multiple offers they should take as long as they need to make a decision they can feel good about. These people have earned the position they are in, and should enjoy it. And why would people make a decision before all the offers are on the table?

They should make a hasty decision so you can feel better? Pffft.

Yes, it sucks that you are waitlisted, but a fast or slow decision is not going to change the outcome. I'm sorry, but asking people to hurry up is incredibly selfish. I know getting into dent can be stressful; I've been there. But the process is almost over and you will soon be able to plan the rest of your life.

well, I know if I had multiple choices and I knew one or two were definite "no's" I would be letting them know right away.

It's the same attitude to those who get in the busy gas station spot and spend 10 minutes cleaning out their car. It's inconsiderate and unnecessary.

You should know where you want to go while applying.

In the end it is only choosing which school to go to. It's not life or death. Choose where you want to be located and go there. You're not going to be an inept dentist because you chose one school over the other.

sorry, I definitely disagree with this... dr. drill said it best.

That's a silly request, just wait it out. People should be able to take the whole time, even if they are positive that they won't go there... that's what a response deadline is for.

It's the same attitude to those who get in the busy gas station spot and spend 10 minutes cleaning out their car. It's inconsiderate and unnecessary.

You should know where you want to go while applying.

Waitlisters are in no position to tell those accepted to hurry up. If you wanted to be the ones to make the decisions, you should have worked harder for better stats.

Rushing it will not get you into dental school sooner, nor will it change who gets in and who won't.

If you have no patience, thats your problem. Sit at home and wait for your offer.

Sorry, didn't mean to open up a pandora's box of sorts. Both sides make valid arguments. What I should've written is: If you are 2000% sure that you will be attending X school, please let the other schools know, iff you are 2000% percent sure...please and thank you :D

I don't think that people with multiple acceptances should take weeks to figure out what they want. They had since the interview to decide what they really wanted, and I'm positive that the only thing you could think of since your interviews is what school/program you'd rather be in.

That having been said, I'm one of the fortunate ones to have received multiple offers and I already advised Trish that I'm declining the offer. Good luck to all those waiting to hear back!

I don't think that people with multiple acceptances should take weeks to figure out what they want. They had since the interview to decide what they really wanted, and I'm positive that the only thing you could think of since your interviews is what school/program you'd rather be in.

That having been said, I'm one of the fortunate ones to have received multiple offers and I already advised Trish that I'm declining the offer. Good luck to all those waiting to hear back!

Easy for you to say. Dentistry was likely a back-up to your medicine and you probably dropped the profession in a second to get your shot at an MD.

Personally, I thought I made up my mind on one school even after having both Ontario acceptances. I put my deposit down, and have just changed my mind 4 weeks later after many things occurred to me which made me realize I should go to the other school. I am glad I did not quickly reject the second school.

I am a bit poorer, however I am glad I took the time to make up my mind on a decision that will affect me for the next 4 years of my life.

Archived