Premed 101 Forums

What do you do in your last week?

hippie

I am writing in 7 days. I feel wll prepared in bio, physics and chem, not so good in verbal and orgo. I am trying to study some orgo, but really can't concentrate much because I think I am too stressed.

What's the best thing you can do in the last 5 days?

My suggestion, if you don't know orgo that well, but am good with bio, with one week to go, forget the orgo, make sure you know your bio, but more importantly focus on getting better on verbal. It's more likely that you will be able to pull off a good mark in the BS section with a strong bio and weak orgo than it will be to pull off a good verbal mark if you're not comfortable writing that section. Keep practicing untill you're consistantly pulling off a mark that you're happy with.

I agree with Medhopeful. I remember someone telling me that the amount of orgo is only about 25% of the BS section. With only one week, you should focus on what you know and build up your confidence (b/c most of the time, you can reason out the answer anyways without knowing the content 100%!)

Also yes, focus on verbal. I would be sure to do a lot of it but still take enough breaks so that you don't burn out by friday!

In any case, good luck studying!! I'm writing in a week as well and i'm also starting to become quite nervous!!

If your bored of orgo then do some Verbal and practice that a lot. My last week I did a couple of AAMC tests and some other questions I got from Kapalan and Examkrackers and tried to relax in the evening - it was probably the hardest week though - you just want to write it, or your stressed that you missed something.

Archived