Premed 101 Forums

graduate student GPA

• 1 month later...

You don't even need to go through the gradudate procedure if you pass the undergrad gpa right?

From what I read on the uo website, it said that first grad students are put through the same selection criteria as the undergrads and if a grad student meets the gpa cut but doesn't pass the sketch, then he/she is put through the grad procedure. Do I have it right?

You don't even need to go through the gradudate procedure if you pass the undergrad gpa right?

From what I read on the uo website, it said that first grad students are put through the same selection criteria as the undergrads and if a grad student meets the gpa cut but doesn't pass the sketch, then he/she is put through the grad procedure. Do I have it right?

Yes, you have it right. :)

So with Ottawa's calculations, your undergrad GPA is 3.83. According to this thread, the cutoffs for applicants from Ottawa is 3.6. Ergo, you should be fine, as meeting the cutoffs is all you need in terms of GPA to get an interview @ Ottawa. Obviously, they also consider other things such as your sketch, but for GPA, I think once you're above cutoffs it doesn't make much of a difference, and you are well above them. Good luck!

i'm not sure whether it's different for ottawa-region or francophone applicants, but i know a good number of people who applied as ontario applicants, met the GPA cut-offs, but were rejected due to their sketches (and it's not as though they had nothing on their sketch, either).

still, 3.83 for a cut-off of 3.6 looks pretty damn good!

If you don't get an interview, it'll be bc of something other than GPA. As far as I understand it anyway, if you meet the GPA cutoff, they move on to other things and no longer consider your gpa until your interview. Then it's 90% interview, 10% GPA, so your (really good!) GPA should do you no harm there. It is a coin toss, especially sketch-wise (and probably interview-wise, if you get one), but if your sketch & everything else is good, you have good chances of being offered an interview.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope that is right for the selection, as in cut offs then gpa thrown out of the window, then sketch then selection then gpa brought back in again....only I have heard people saying that the selection was changed this year and it was 50 % gpa and 50 % sketch to move on now? that is sort of random mixing it up like that all of a sudden

Archived