Premed 101 Forums

Applying to US schools with a second bachelor degree

Would anyone here know if any American schools consider a second degree apart and not weigh in the first when calculating cgpa's? I ask this as my first degree would weaken my second degree's cgpa - from a 3.6 to a 3.3, a critical step down from what I understand.

on the AMCAS website it says that ALL post-secondary courses should be included when filling out the application. i'm assuming that means that both degrees will count. the most accurate answer to your question can only be obtained by contacting AAMC.

Would anyone here know if any American schools consider a second degree apart and not weigh in the first when calculating cgpa's? I ask this as my first degree would weaken my second degree's cgpa - from a 3.6 to a 3.3, a critical step down from what I understand.

All UNDERGRADUATE work will count in your uGPA. Thus every course you have taken...of course, a strong upward gpa trend, maturity gained from an additional degree, are all positives that adcoms would see also...

• 3 weeks later...
so amcas breaks ur marks down year by year and reports it?

My grades did improve a lot from the first year each year.

yes they do. but after 4th year its all lumped under "post-bacc". High post-bacc average goes a long way to prove the adcoms your dedication to improve yourself.

if they do want to see all your individual courses, they have that too...arranged by year they were taken.

Archived