Premed 101 Forums

MCAT CBT Features

Vanguard

Someone requested a list of which MCAT CBT features were working and which aren't so I thought I'd start this thread since I've talked with a few friends about it.

Strike-out answer: Working

Guess box: Working

Hi-liting: Working but it does not save the hi-liting if you come back. I think. Can anyone confirm this?

Note feature: Not working

Search function: Not working

That's all that I know of.

The problem is the practice tests on e-mcat.com are

not like the real thing.

For example, you can take notes on the practice tests but

on the real thing you cannot.

hp18: CBT= computer based test

a41: It is kind've important to know because surprises aren't good on test day :D .

So can anyone confirm whether or not highlighting is saved on the real MCAT cbt?

yeah, the highlighting function is not saved on the real MCAT,

I find the passages for VR to be much longer in the real thing than the one on the e-mcat. I only had 2 minutes to spares when I finished the real thing, as opposed to 10-15 minutes that I had with the practice, so that was a bit of shock to me.

I find the passages for VR to be much longer in the real thing than the one on the e-mcat. I only had 2 minutes to spares when I finished the real thing, as opposed to 10-15 minutes that I had with the practice, so that was a bit of shock to me.

I actually found the exact opposite to be true in my case. However during the real thing I forced myself to read at a quick pace, and I ended up doing 2 points better than I had averaged on the e-mcats.

Thanks for finally settling that for us DMD. :cool:

hey guys, does anyone know if we're allowed to have food/drinks during the 10 minute breaks? i've heard that the aamc made some changes recently and are not allowing the testtakers to eat/drink during the breaks.

hey guys, does anyone know if we're allowed to have food/drinks during the 10 minute breaks? i've heard that the aamc made some changes recently and are not allowing the testtakers to eat/drink during the breaks.

that'd be pretty dumb if you weren't allowed to eat/drink during the break...i'm assuming this is probably just a rumour. you eat breakfast early in the morning...how could they prevent you from eating for another 4-5 hours...that'd be crazy IMO. anyhow, when I wrote the CBT...I ate during every break..usually a granola bar or banana and something to drink. I just needed something to keep me going through the next section seeing as I'd woken up super early that day.

Archived