Premed 101 Forums

English Stream- WGPA cut-off for the 2008 cycle

Ottawa just emailed me back and they informed me that you need a WGPA of 3.85 (english stream) in order for them to consider your application (essay, sketch). I just thought I'd share that with everyone. I think it went up 0.02 from last year. Any hoo! good luck to everyone, because I'm out for this year lol

-wisdom_tooth

:)

isn't the wGPA cutoff determined based on the applicant pool for the year? you'd think such an important piece of information would be mentioned on their website... especially since there is this spike in the cutoff... hahaha people complained about how high the UOttawa cutoff was before...

isn't the wGPA cutoff determined based on the applicant pool for the year? you'd think such an important piece of information would be mentioned on their website... especially since there is this spike in the cutoff... hahaha people complained about how high the UOttawa cutoff was before...

I don't know

that's what they emailed back to me

Also I had emailed them prior and they wouldn't give me an answer instead they said email around the time the application cycle begins and then I can give you a better idea of what the WGPA cut off is

I think uottawa should have a set cut off (that is CLEARLY mentioned on their website) mainly because your application is not reviewed if you haven't met the WGPA cut off and I think that's unfair seeing that you wait for 6 months only to find that you're application wasn't even looked at because you didn't make the cut off. Forget the application fee, but the wait and time is what bothers me the most.

well good to know i guess... (maybe the cutoffs went up because they've had too many applicants who have been meeting these cutoffs leading to too much work evaluating the dABS? or maybe ottawa's trying to get more people to unknowingly 'donate' $75 to their cause)

Archived