Premed 101 Forums

Tying up all the loose ends-

Thought it would be useful for others (and me) for people to list what has to be done/sent in etc etc. I was away for a while and didn't get my info pack, and then discovered that there were some things that had to be sent in and such.

So-

Obviously, the 1000 non-refundable deposit/vaccinations/police check stuff has been done.

That leaves:

-setup queen's email

-send in photo for ID card

-send in that health verification sheet

-send in $100 for orientation

-send in personal data form

Any other to-dos that I'm missing?

- send in proof of citizenship?

- send in police check(s)? I had the criminal record check done, but also had to send off the vulnerable person screening that Jennifer emailed out.

I think the next deposit is due by Aug 15. I haven't paid this yet. It says $1000 + applicable fees, and there's about $1000 worth of fees, so I think I'm just going to pay $2500 to be safe. Does anyone know the exact "minimum" amount that has to be paid by the 15th? The remaining balance of tuition isn't due until Sept 30.

I'm a little confused as to the nature of the August deposit. The QCARD fees page still does not have any useful information, and I am inclined to think that the initial $1000 deposit (that we made upon acceptance) will cover the minimum amount due by the 15th. The Blue Book just states that the minimum amount is $1000, so this would make sense.

Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Hey Arundip! That's what I thought too. The bluebook says that we have to pay $1000. Our deposit back in May/June was forwarded by the office to our university account, so we should all have -$1000 currently as our balance (well, unless there were scholarships or outstanding charges etc.) and that counts as the $1000 registration fee due August 15th.

In other news... what's up with our facebook group? I tried to check it today, but it doesn't show up.

Maybe I was dreaming about seeing this? I'm so sure that I saw it somewhere, but now I can't find it anymore. eek! I have to be at a booth for the Sidewalk Sale on Saturday the 9th, but I seem to remember that we are supposed to have a cardboard boat race at that time... Would anybody mind pointing me in the right direction? Thanks!

Maybe I was dreaming about seeing this? I'm so sure that I saw it somewhere, but now I can't find it anymore. eek! I have to be at a booth for the Sidewalk Sale on Saturday the 9th, but I seem to remember that we are supposed to have a cardboard boat race at that time... Would anybody mind pointing me in the right direction? Thanks!

Hey bayervillager,

the orientation schedule is here: http://meds.queensu.ca/students/meds2011/o_week_schedule

I think the next deposit is due by Aug 15. I haven't paid this yet. It says $1000 + applicable fees, and there's about $1000 worth of fees, so I think I'm just going to pay $2500 to be safe. Does anyone know the exact "minimum" amount that has to be paid by the 15th? The remaining balance of tuition isn't due until Sept 30.

As for requiring another deposit, I agree with bayervillager and arundip. The "checklist" sent out with the offers states: "This [the $1000 acceptance deposit] will be applied toward your minimum registration fee and must be received to ensure your place in our class". So, I would be inclined to assume this means we have covered the payment due August 15, and don't have anything to worry about until September 30 rolls around!

Archived