Premed 101 Forums

AUGUST 9 MCAT Thoughts?

premed11

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No problem..would love to help:)..

All you need is ur valid license.They preferred that...So all u need is G1/G2..as soon as u enter they are going to ask for that..they will take ur fingerprints....u sign on a paper....they give u a big plastic bag where u keep ur stuff and then u go in the room at around 1:15 or so..At every break..if ur taking one that is..u need to show the id again and take another fingerprint- sign out and sign back in..Ull get a plastic tag with ur seat number around ur neck...Thats abt it...Get gatorade and nutri bars, bananas whatever..Thats it i guess:)

Thanks bro. Just some other schtuff....

Any comments on the screens? Quality CRT? Good mice/ keyboards? Nice bumb-cushioned chairs? Room enough to use the scrap paper?

Love to hear bout it too man, and thanks again for feedback.

OMG (thanks Law for setting me straight)

Sorry Radhika!! I have a very very bad bad bad habit of assuming everyones a guy. And I use words like boss, bro, man, chief, etc more than I should. Sooo sorry. :o

OF course, it would have been easier to edit my post... but Law's post is still there.

No hard feelings me hope, and once again, thanks for feedback!!

:o :o :o

OMG (thanks Law for setting me straight)

Sorry Radhika!! I have a very very bad bad bad habit of assuming everyones a guy. And I use words like boss, bro, man, chief, etc more than I should. Sooo sorry. :o

OF course, it would have been easier to edit my post... but Law's post is still there.

No hard feelings me hope, and once again, thanks for feedback!!

ahahahahahhaha

u can call me 'bro' anytime, bane :D

sure I am, come online EM

my computer was acting all funny this morning so i deleted msn :D...that's why it says 'out of order' :D

ahhahahaah

hey bro! you should have written the mcat with us... now you could have complained about it too ;)

i can still complain about it..cuz i'm pretty sure even if i get lucky and score 12-13 in BS & PS, VR is gonna kill me...sighhh i wonder whether or not i'll rewrite again cuz of verbal :o sighhh

avenir, i say try to move it to august 20 and just hope for the best!

you've done enough work, time for you to enjoy some summer break too

i had been clicking away like mad on the aamc site when i finally registered...there weren't any august seats then, i dont think there will be any now...besides i dont wanna hand over another $50...i'll be doing this day camp thing till the 17th...and after that i'll just do a week of bio/orgo (which i haven't touched yet), and then just do some WS/VR practice...and practice tests...that should take me into september sighhh

a little question directed to avenir and bane.... what materials are you using to study? damn those scores are good lol

i've been using both kaplan and EK...and i'd say between last summer and this one, i've gone through the phsyics and g-chem chapters a good few times...last summer my main problem with the PS section was not finishing on time...it seems now that i'm more comfortable with the concepts, i can do the problems faster...as far as practice questions go, so far i've only done the EK end-of-lecture tests...i've now just received the 1001 questions and mini-mcats, but i'm not really motivated to do them anymore cuz if i can get 12 already, that's good enough for me. :D

a little question directed to avenir and bane.... what materials are you using to study? damn those scores are good lol

Hey phantom! Here be the deal....

So I went through all the EK manuals (except orgo) in about a month and a half (June-mid July). WOW=SLOW!! The plan was to do it in like 3 weeks but I got delayed thanks to family and American applications.

So, I did all the EK manuals, except orgo, for which I just blazed through Kaplan, which is actually the best for orgo IMHO. I'd bet avenir would agree.

I did all the EK q's, lecture quizzes (got my butt waxed a good few times), listened to AudioOsmosis, etc.

To study VR, I have been using my EK101 VR book. I've gotten scores b/w 7-11 for VR, 10-14 PS, and 10-13 BS. Could be better, but thank God for it not being worse.

Since about late July I've been doing the AAMC tests, more VR practice, a bit of EK BIO1001, and a few WS and reviewing AAMCs hard.

So really, I dont think I'm doing too much different from others using EK-- avenir is using a EK+Kaplan killer combo, and I think Tan is using EK mostly also.

Hope everything goes well for you man! If theres anything else you need, please post and we vill share!! :D

thanks for the replies guys

I too am using EK but I was starting to mix it up with doing some of the old kaplan full length tests. the only thing is that well in physical sciences, I think some tests are 58 % correct for a 10... now I know that is going by scaled scores but that sort of shatters some confidence... I think I will revert back to a total EK regime along with some texts.

thanks again

thanks for the replies guys

I too am using EK but I was starting to mix it up with doing some of the old kaplan full length tests. the only thing is that well in physical sciences, I think some tests are 58 % correct for a 10... now I know that is going by scaled scores but that sort of shatters some confidence... I think I will revert back to a total EK regime along with some texts.

thanks again

Dont mention it. GLuck man.

Oh, the Kaplan FL's are good for content, but not much else. And I think they get a bit too detail oriented.

Archived