Premed 101 Forums

Weighing Scheme

Sorry if this has been posted somewhere, but I was unable to find this information on the website.

So to get admitted, the breakdown is

25% GPA

25% MCAT

50% interview

I"m curious though about what the 25% MCAT means..everyone's met cut-offs...so are they doing something like Manitoba where they average the scores i.e. 10 + 10 + 10 + writing score converted to # / 4 or something completely different?

25% GPA = ? For both years or only best year?

Thanks!

Thanks, but is this published anywhere? I vaguely remember something like this, but I can't find it anywhere....hmmm....

So for MCAT, is it something like verbal + writing divided by 2?

So if you get T as writing for example, you would have 14, whereas R = 12, etc. and then you average it to get a score.

So person A has verbal 10 and writing R would get a score of (10+ 12)/2 = 11? And then 11/15 x 25 = their score for that section?

Also, do they care if you carry a full courseload for the years which are not part of the two best > 3.7 GPA ones?

TAlso, do they care if you carry a full courseload for the years which are not part of the two best > 3.7 GPA ones?

No, Western doesn't care about you course loads, as long as you have two years with 5.0 courses (excluding repeated courses) above their cut-off. For that matter, they don't care what marks you got in your other years, as long as you will earn your degree.

Elaine

Archived