Premed 101 Forums

Does anyone know where you can take easy Eng courses?

Guest easy English

Guest easy English

I come from U of T and Eng is damn hard there....almost impossible to get above 80%, and the same goes for Queens'.

Im planning on taking English via corrrespondence at some other Ontario university where I can get could marks....does anyone have any suggestions?

Guest john

Try Laurentian University...it may be too late though, they have a great distance ed. program...and a bonus - if you put in an ounce of effort you'll do amazing....good luck!

Guest Akane200

ENG 100H is pretty easy at U of T. It's not impossible to do well, and it makes for good prep in expository writing necessary for the MCATs. It's also a very good course in general for learning to write well.

For those who took ENG100H (at UofT), what was the complementary half course you took for your FULL english credit? I too am looking to fulfill the 1 year english requirement that is required by some schools.

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

I don't believe there are any complementary courses to ENG100H--it's simply supposed to be an intro course to university-level writing. However, there are similar, higher level, full-year courses in English offered more obscurely by some colleges at UT. For example, have a look at Innis College courses, INI203Y (Foundations of Written Discourse) or INI204Y (The Academic Writing Process).

Although the above courses may be of interest simply due to the fact that they're basically instructing you how to write in different forms, if you'd like to branch more into analytical writing I'd recommend ENG140Y (Literature for Our Time), the equivalent of which I took a few years ago. Some of the profs teaching some English courses can really illuminate some of the pieces that you read and so, at least in my case, I really looked forward to come to class to hear and share insights on works at which I doubt I would have originally looked twice. Besides, these types of courses can provide some beneficial variety amongst all the physio, biochem, chem, etc., courses that many folk typically mash into one academic year.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Archived