Premed 101 Forums

Reading week before exams?

Guest FUBAR514

Guest Ian Wong

I'm going to bump this to the OMSAS forum, as your question seems directed more to the Ontario schools than to the general premed crowd. :)

Ian

UBC, Med 3

Guest aneliz

Lucky you! There is no reading week before exams at Guelph. Our last class day was Friday and exams started Tues morning at 8:30. Depending on how your exams fall in the schedule though you may get more time than that. Some people don't have any exams until next week. (By luck or coincidence.) So, they do get a week off in between classes and exams. Not everyone is so lucky. I wrote two finals yesterday.

Guest Kirsteen

Hey aneliz,

Perhaps a bit of a positive swing for you compared to us UofT undergradders, we've still got two days of class to go before we hit the exam season! (I wonder if that means that we had an extra week of classes snuck in this year somewhere--those bums!) Another positive: at least you have an opportunity to get them out of your hair a bit more quickly.

Good luck with your exams,

Kirsteen

Guest aneliz

Kirsteen,

Maybe you guys at UT are still in class because you got more time off at Christmas. I was back at school on Jan 2! (Generosity at its finest!). I guess it is *kind of* nice to get things out of the way. But it is brutal having to write finals four days after class ends when you were at Western for an interview all day Sat instead of studying. And, no matter how much time you have to study, biochemical endocrinology still sucks at 8:30 in the morning! I was supposed to have written three of my five finals on Tues. :eek Thankfully some pleading with a prof got one moved to Fri. (Guelph has no rule about the number of finals that you can be made to write in a single day. Theoretically you could write all five in 24 hours and it would be completely legal.) Alas, as fun as this board is, I must get back to studying.

Good luck to all on finals!

Theoretically, you could write 4 finals in one day at Guelph, though I've never heard of that happening.

A friend of mine had 3 today (on a Saturday, no less).

Guest aneliz

Yup, there are *lots* of Guelph people that ended up with three finals in one day. I really don't know what the registrar did with this semester's exam schedule but it seems to be worse than ever before. This is my eigth semester and I never remember running into so many people with three exams in one day. In my house alone, three out of the four of us had three exam marathons. Thankfully there are a lot of understanding profs that are willing to let you write alternates!

Archived