Premed 101 Forums

Knowing what you know now and if you could go back in time...what'd u do different?

eng_dude786

Would've started studying about 2 weeks earlier so that I'd have more time for practice tests (I only took 2 AAMCs).

hahaha no matter when i start studying, it's always gonna be a couple weeks too late :D

like a HS teacher of mine said about his undergrad years, "no matter how many courses i was taking per term, it was always one too many" lmao

Would've started studying about 2 weeks earlier so that I'd have more time for practice tests (I only took 2 AAMCs).

only 2 AAMCs and you made the cuts? wow, well done!

MCAT's is brutal......... I really wanna just murder it when I write again... ugh. (but too many ppl are doing the same!)

had *he* gotten his 10 10 10, you couldn't have shut him up about how TPR was the best thing that ever happened on this Earth (like how he was preaching in the summer)...now that he has to rewrite, poor TPR is gonna have to take the heat :D

hahahahah absolutely.....

goes for many ppl too.

i did Kaplan... and after u don't make the cuts I start to be like, wtf kaplan blows.

but i'm sure had I made them, I'd be like awesome Kaplan yeeeah!

Do less studying and more practice test taking. Other than that... not much. I didn't take a prep course, so I don't have that to regret. I might suggest taking an english credit before you get around to writing the MCAT (never took one so I wouldn't know if it actually helps). Can also suggest reading "The elements of style"... just read it recently, and I feel it helped improve my writing for the personal statement essays.

If you're looking for some advice as to what went RIGHT:

take the MCAT after 2nd year, depending on your school, you will have just finished courses in molecular biology and genetics which definately helps with the BS section.

Don't study too much too early or else you'll burn out and lull yourself into a false sense of security (honestly how much can you remember from something you studied 4 months ago??)

On a similar note, don't focus on things you already know you're strong at: spend most of your time on your weaknesses

Fear is one of the strongest motivators: find DIFFICULT MCAT prep material (GOLD STANDARD tests really scared the $hit out of me) and try them about a month before the test... (er... actually try maybe 1.5 months before)

RELAX!! the most important piece of advice: the beauty of the MCAT is that you don't need to know THAT much... the test is TESTING your ability to learn things on the spot for the majority of the marks.

Pace yourself: know how much time you can afford to spend on each question; don't spend any more than you have or else you'll end up picking "c" for your last 15 marks.

non-mcat related advice: finish your application before coming on pre-med101 to give advice.

had *he* gotten his 10 10 10, you couldn't have shut him up about how TPR was the best thing that ever happened on this Earth (like how he was preaching in the summer)...now that he has to rewrite, poor TPR is gonna have to take the heat :D

lol, no... i've been telling people near the end that it wasn't worth the amount of money I paid for it.

Archived