Premed 101 Forums

Reference letter email

One of my references deleted the reference email that was sent to him.

He thought it was junk mail (dont laugh). Is there another way to send it him again?

Thanks

Oh, no need to worry - the exact same thing happened to one of my referees last year. I emailed the Admissions Office with my name and my referee's name and email address. It took a couple of days due to the sheer volume of emails the office receives each day, but a new link was issued.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

One of my references informed me that he had completed and submitted the reference form earlier today, yet hours later my application still indicates that the reference has not been received. Another one of my references completed during the week last week appeared as received on my application quickly afterward.

Has anyone else experienced this kind of delay with reference forms? I understand that the MCAT scores and whatnot might be delayed since the staff have to input put them, but I thought the reference section would be updated automatically since it seems to be an automated form.

Any thoughts? If I contact the office, I won't get a reply until Monday (which happens to be the due date) so I can get some feedback here that would be great!

Is anyone else's references still listed as "not received"? My first ref indicated to me he submitted on the weekend, right before the deadline. It is listed as "not recieved". However my second ref told me he submitted it on the day of the deadline. It is listed as "received." Is this happening for anyone else?

Is anyone else's references still listed as "not received"? My first ref indicated to me he submitted on the weekend, right before the deadline. It is listed as "not recieved". However my second ref told me he submitted it on the day of the deadline. It is listed as "received." Is this happening for anyone else?

I had my refs sent WELL ahead of the deadline (we are talking between 2 and 1 months) and it took FOREVER for them to update. However, as soon as I submitted on Oct. 4, everything showed up as received. Maybe they just saw that an app had been submitted and looked for the materials that corresponded to it before looking for stuff for apps that were still in progress?:confused:

Archived