Premed 101 Forums

IP or OOP status

joiningtherace

• 4 weeks later...

There's a government application that lists the things that could make you a Quebec resident. Find it on the McGill website, and figure out for yourself.

If you do qualify, you'll eventually have to hand in that documentation along with others.

Make sure you act ASAP. McGill admissions is rather fast compared to other places. If you go into the OOP pool, it's over!

I do qualify cuz my mom lives over there. But for the document that they need to prove our kinship either has to be a record of landing (but mine only has my dad's name) or a birth certificate from another country (I dont have one).

Besides would they not contact me if I needed other documents to prove kinship? I mean I would go as far as give them a DNA test...:P

Oh and I confused OUAC with OMSAS so nvm that

I do qualify cuz my mom lives over there. But for the document that they need to prove our kinship either has to be a record of landing (but mine only has my dad's name) or a birth certificate from another country (I dont have one). So I sent my record of landing + my parents divorce certificate + I have the pernament code and all since I grew up there and went to school there

Besides would they not contact me if I needed other documents to prove kinship? I mean I would go as far as give them a DNA test...:P

Oh and I confused OUAC with OMSAS so nvm that

I wouldn't wait for them to contact you. You should be the one contacting them, and this is very true of McGill Admissions. You may call them a get a useless response or no response at all. But you gotta keep trying and figure it out. McGill Medicine tends to be very strict from admissions to the end of the medical training (trust me, I know these people).

Archived