Premed 101 Forums

Military College Applicant, how good are my chances?

Good morning.

Some universities may consider RMC candidates, and they know that usually, RMC grades are lower than all other province Universities. U of T, for what i've heard, may consider you differently (in Quebec, U Laval will consider you differently) U of O place all military applicants in an different stream, but the GPA need to me higher than 3,5. I dont know about the other provinces.

Hope this help!

p.s. You can contact the local RPSO for more info... And of course, the universities you'd like to go!

Ha! And you should consider trying to convert your grades with the "Undergraduate Grading System Conversion Table" on the OUAC web page:

http://www.ouac.on.ca/omsas/pdf/c_omsas_b.pdf

I've been told that coming from Military College, my chances of getting in will be pretty much slim to none due to the usually lower than average graduating averages even amongst our best students at RMC, is this true?

On the other hand, I heard about an infantry officer to got into Med School with an 80% ish average after graduating from military college. Do med schools even look at people with those kind of marks? Or should I consider another professional school altogether if my marks are "that low"....

I think that at least the omsas scale adjusts for this in part, if I am not mistaken 93-100 is a 4.0, 84-92 is a 3.9, and a 3.7 is 75+.

Archived