Premed 101 Forums

New Ontario Med school?

Guest minnieMD

Guest minnieMD

Hi,

I heard that there is a new Med school open to prospective students in year approx. 2004??? I forgot wear it was supposed to be but somewhere up north in ON. Has anyone else heard about this?

Jess

Guest dogeatdog12

I know this is away from the main discussion but aren't the third year MGB student at U of T? I was just wondering how you feel about MGB311, and BCH371? what bird courses will you be taking.

Guest kosmo14

Are you talking about Northern Ontario Medical School? If so it will run out of Thunder Bay (Lakehead University) and Sudbury (Laurentian Universities). It appears they have had some problems in the last year and will begin taking students in the fall of 2005.

Guest Never2Late

According to OMSAS the Northern Ontario Medical School will begin accepting applications for 2005. Note however that the number of seats will be much less than that of other Ontario schools (I wonder what that will do to a person's chances of getting in!!!)

You can view their website at:

http://www.normed.ca

Guest Ian Wong

I've moved this thread into the OMSAS forum. There's a number of other threads in this forum related to the Northern Ontario medical school.

Ian

• 1 month later...
Guest macdaddyeh

I've been following this closely for awhile and the website for normed (http://www.normed.ca) is now updated concerning its pioneer admission in 2005!

1. No MCAT required !!!!!!

2. No specific prereqs (as of yet) but there is mention that Sci students should have taken at least two arts courses and that arts students should have taken at least two science courses.

3. A "mandate" exists somewhat in that because the school is directed towards the needs of the "north" they will be "actively recruiting" aboriginals and/or francophones, but of course application is open to all.

Best wishes for those who are interested in this option in the north for 2005 admission!

PS/ Check the FAQ section under Admissions where I found the full details of the above synopsis.

Archived