Premed 101 Forums

Feb 1st Inteview Sign-up

Okay ... so I'm doing 2008xxxxxx (so the number i have after IT ... I know now not to put in IT is actually seven numbers...and I'm dropping the very last one and it is still not working...any ideas?

The IT number is your OMSAS User ID. You need to login to OMSAS and there should be an OMSAS Reference number of the form 2008-xxxxxxx.

Copy that without the dash.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay ... so I'm doing 2008xxxxxx (so the number i have after IT ... I know now not to put in IT is actually seven numbers...and I'm dropping the very last one and it is still not working...any ideas?

Rather than using your IT number (which you used to log into the OMSAS site), use your reference number, which is on the top of all of the letters received from OMSAS. The letter is 2008 ### ###. However, eliminate the spaces (or any dashes) that appear.

Elaine

The IT number is not the right one. You should have a number that is 2008-xxxxxx that is at the top right corner of the OMSAS verification form. Do not drop the last digit of any number. Just drop the dash, and remove the space.

I'm doing 2008ITrest of number...and it is not working...any help? I know not to use the hypen...?

KMG - remember that there are 2 OMSAS numbers - the one that you used to login (the IT... number) and the one that was generated once you finished the application. 2008-xxxxxx. It's this latter one, without the hypen.

EDIT: Oops, misread. As the others said. Check your OMSAS verification form for the reference numbers.

You should not be using the numbers after IT. You should have a completely different ID number that starts with 2008- and then is followed by 6 numbers. Use this one & omit the hyphen.

Hahahah, I hope my post before didn't spark the confusion with the hypen. Sorry for any unnecessary panic. Gawd knows we don't need anymore of that.

March 30th for me. Anyone else on the last day?

I'm interviewing at 11 am on Mar 30. What time are you interviewing?

Elaine

The "IT" thing is your user id.

Your reference number is something else ... it looks like "2008-some more numbers"

It is in your confirmation email that you got w/OMSAS.... DO NOT use the dash when trying to log in.

Make sure ur birthday is right.

hope this helps.

You can find this 2008-###### number if you log into the OMSAS website.

Go to:

http://www.ouac.on.ca/omsas/

Select COMPASS.OMSAS

Enter in your IT number & password

You will see a screen with you OUAC Reference # listed. Use this number :)

YOU PEOPLE ARE LIFESAVERS!!!!!! thanks for the help!!!

i CANNOT believe in the 60 seconds of fumbling it took me to login that the 9am slot for march 1st was already gone... wow premeds move quick! lol

glad that's not what i wanted!

I got 9am on March 1st...it was still there, at the bottom of the list though. I fumbled for like 15 minutes too

I'm interviewing at 11 am on Mar 30. What time are you interviewing?

Elaine

Same time. I figured they might get sleepy after lunch, what with all the tryptophan and such, laff.

Elaine and Sydney, see you both there. :) I'm experiencing giddiness and a horrible sense of dread at the same time. Is that normal?

Archived