Premed 101 Forums

Feb 1st Inteview Sign-up

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anybody know what time the URL will start working. I keep trying to call the office but it is either busy or nobody picks up. I was wondering whether anybody else has called to get the answer to this question. Thanks, and take care!!!

Just a guess, but I think your title answers it... it will probably start working Feb 1st.

Yeah, it opens Feb 1, but the person above asked WHAT TIME the URL opens up. Since it's on a first come first serve basis, timing is important if you have other schools to go to around the same weekend. Also, keep in mind that different time zones mean that if it opens at 12midnight on "Feb 1" Ontario time, then people in the west will have to get to their computers around 9-10pm (depending on the zone) to get a spot.

I haven't tried calling but I am going to assume that it opens at midnight, and check then, and then check again in the morning around 6ish.

Congrats to all the invites and see you guys there! :)

Ya, I'm wondering about the time of day...I would be very suprised if it opened at midnight on Feb 1st, because I assume that somebody has to be in the office to activate it (but I don't know much about how websites work, so I suppose they could program it in advance). I'm just worried that it will open at 9:00am because I have class that morning. I would obviously be happy with any interview date, but since I have the choice, I have a specific date in mind that I would ideally like to get.

Thanks!

Jennifer Saunders just sent out an e-mail stating that the interview registration system will open up at midnight tonight.

This is a reminder that you are be able to book your interview time starting

at 12:00 am Friday, February 1st. Please go to:

https://eservices.queensu.ca/apps/SoM_Interview-Applicant

Once you have logged into the system, you will be given the choice of dates (March 1, 2, 29 and 30) and times (9:00 am, 10:00 am, 11:00 am, 1:00 pm, 2:00 pm, 3:00 pm). If a time/day is full, it will not appear as an option.

Your date/time selection will not be finalized until you have submitted it

and received confirmation. Finally, the system will send an email to you

for your records.

Elaine

Anyone know how long will the interview lasts? If I sign up for a 10 am slot, will I be out by 11? Or are there 3 interviews, plus a tour of the campus, plus ....?

The package that arrives in the mail gives more information about the day. There are two hour-long tours of Kingston/Queen's, starting at 11 am and 1 pm. There is also an information session at noon, which will include an opportunity to talk with current med students.

For more information on the weekend, visit http://meds.queensu.ca/students/meds2012. All of the above details, plus others regarding travel, hotels, etc. are included.

Elaine

The package that arrives in the mail gives more information about the day. There are two hour-long tours of Kingston/Queen's, starting at 11 am and 1 pm. There is also an information session at noon, which will include an opportunity to talk with current med students.

For more information on the weekend, visit http://meds.queensu.ca/students/meds2012. All of the above details, plus others regarding travel, hotels, etc. are included.

Elaine

Elaine, so resourceful as per usual.

Thank you!

Is anyone concerned with a possible interview conflict with Toronto? I'm refering to the March 29/30 interviews at Queen's and the March 28-30 ones at Toronto.

Does anyone know if Toronto will reschedule if you have an interview conflict? But then... "Because the interviews involve and affect other people the applicant must attend on the date and time arranged." They can't be that unyielding and evil as to make you choose between them and Queen's... can they? o_O

Wait, did you guys already received the packages? my mailing address is set to my home, not to my uni address...

I received my package in the mail today. The date on the letter is January 25. The post mark was January 29. I live north of Toronto, and have a community mail box. I do not have separate school and home addresses, so I don't know which address they would have used.

Elaine

Archived