Premed 101 Forums

Open letter to Dean of Queens University School of Medicine

It was mentioned that it was in the Star...the most known star is the Toronto Star...does anyone have a link to it? It is hard to believe a reputable newspaper would write such a thing. Also when it comes to letters to the editor there is typically a rule that you have to put your name to it especially when you are somewhat attacking someone individually. Who in their right mind would do that? I mean if I was interviewing you and I knew that you pulled the race card when I really do not think the race card should be played do you think I would want you in my university either?

I guess this is an example to remind us when we are really angry we should think before we make actions.

Wow, this letter is quite unbelievable. If I can find a link, or an old newspaper, I think I will be writing a reply. I also wonder what forum this person is referring to...as I can't imagine there are other people that believe in this "writing sample conspiracy".

I think the facts should be set straight, as non-pre-med's reading this article may think Queen's is in the wrong for being "the only school not to post cut-off's"...when it is COMPLETELY UNTRUE!

There's no evidence that this is an actual letter. I tried searching TheStar.com for anything related to "Queen's University" and pulled up nothing.

OP probably wrote it last night and sent it to them, convinced that they'd publish this gem. But I guess their reaction was more like this instead.

omfgwtfbbq.jpg

While I agree that pulling the race card is ridiculous, I do however agree that the WS cutoff is unreasonably high. Getting a 9 in a the core sections is equivalent to scoring in the 70th percentile, or thereabouts. Scoring an R in the WS is in the 90th percentile.

What really pisses me off is someone who with a 28S got an interview yet my 37P was not "sufficient" to get me an interview.

If you look at the percentile of the overall test, the 28S is in the 75th percentile . My score was in the 98th percentile... The numbers speak for themselves.

Of course, no offense to anyone who got an interview with a 28S.

I agree with this sentiment completely, and I really sympathize with other people like In_Valid who are frustrated.

(For those who are wondering, I'm not saying that because I also didn't get an interview. I scored 37R and got into Queen's last year)

But no worries, In_Valid! With a score like 37P, I'm sure that you will have lot of interview offers elsewhere in Canada! :) 37P is also a good shot at the fancy, famous schools down in the States like Columbia or Brown!

Archived