Premed 101 Forums

Attention all MD/PhD students!

e_is_hv

Hi All,

A number of us applicants also have MD/PhD interviews (Toronto here). Since MD/PhD programs are so much smaller and more rare than MD interviews, it's really hard to find anything on the Net about their interviews. Could anyone who's had one please post info about their interview? I really have no idea what they're going to ask, or what to expect (a friend of mine said they just grilled him about his undergraduate thesis for example).

Thanks everyone!

At U of T, the MD/PhD interview is a panel interview, with mostly professors and probably one student. The interviews are typically pretty short, and might only last 15 minutes (don't worry if this happens to you, it's not a bad sign). From my experience and others that I've heard they ask pretty typical questions: tell me about your research, why do you want to do this program, what are you career goals, etc. You should also be ready for any MD style questions, eg tell me about your extracurriculars, etc. There are a number of MD/PhD students with emails listed on the interviews information website who you can email for more information.

Hey Peachy,

Thanks so much for your response. It's very good to know if it's a short interview it's not a bad thing. Two questions for you:

a) do the MD/PhD inteviewers have access to your autiobiographical sketch and your Toronto essay? (is it open interview?)

B) I don't know what interview site you're referring to where I can email MD/PhD students....can you post a link?

Thanks so much Peachy

e_is_hv

Archived