Premed 101 Forums

Questions about Ireland

Guest Quirinale

Guest Quirinale

Hi Everyone,

I am one of the few people who are actually more interested in going to ireland than go to canadian med schools.

I was wondering if people can help by listing some sources of funding available for ontario citizens when they are thinking of this course of action. I cannot count on getting any help from family members (not for lack of sympathy just lack of $)

I know that a LOC from a bank is only about 150000 canadian. Where can I go for help regarding the missing 350000 or so that I will need for the rest of the 5 years of studying in Ireland.

Also, what kind of income can I expect to get if I were to do internship and residency in Ireland and practice in europe, assuming US is out of the question. Would I be eligible for citizenship or would I be a resident alien forever?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ezrock

hi. not sure where you get $500,000 overall costs from. way i see it it should be more like $250,000. have you researched it fully yet?

I'm not sure where else you can go for help. i'd try a student loan from the gov't. can probably get $100,000 from them. that should cover the rest of your $250,000 needs!

If i hear from UCC or TCD soon i'll let you know what i come up with once i know if i have to start looking for financial aid.

-ezrock-

Archived