Premed 101 Forums

Reference letters

Hi,

Could anyone confirm that Ottawa does NOT look at reference letters after the interview at all. I am really concerned about the quality of one of my ref letters (which may be a negative one), and it has been causing me considerable mental stress for the past few months. However, I've had my interview in Ottawa. So am I safe to let go of my worries? Or could a bad reference letter still come back to haunt me?

Thanks!!!!!

does this mean they rank you according to interview and then by GPA?

How did they decide who gets interviews? I know they have the GPA cut-off, but after that is it based only on the sketch or does GPA play a role too?

Thank youuu!!

^^

after someone gets an interview, its all on the interview. Ottawa U has a 4 point score on the interview, and basically all the 4's get offers of acceptance, while the 3's get ranked by the score that lead to them getting an interview. The top 3's fill the remaining spots in the program.

Everything before the interview is pretty complicated and i dont even want to pretend I have an idea of how they rank people and decide who get's the interview.

Archived