Premed 101 Forums

mcmaster med school questions re: interview

eliw

Hey guys,

I was wondering if you could help me out regarding some Mac interview questions, I am trying to study somewhat and have a few concerns:

1. with respect to social issues discussed at the interview, what is the intent of those questions, mainly do they want us to take a passionate stance or just describe both sides of the issue?

2. will the actors in the interview make it challenging at the stations or will they jsut comply with everything you tell them?

3. does anyone know where we could get more sample questions, other than the ones mailed out to us by the school.

Thanks in advance.

E

Howdy

I've not interviewed specifically at Mac, but I have done an MMI and had these type of questions also. From the feedback I got:

1) They want to see you have the ability to develop an argument and reinforce it logically. This is a way for them to watch you think "on the fly". The use of social contexts is there to ensure that you are aware of current affairs, but the point is to watch you establish your view, and defend it.

2) There can be people that are argumentative, to watch you under stress, or see how you handle confrontation. These people will be told what to say, and when to say them (in some cases) in response to what you say. Also, there will be a limited number of things that they will say to you ("Prompts") to stimulate the conversation.

3) There are a lot of places around, this one being one of the better ones, but try the student doctor network also, I found they have another large resource of pre-med forums that is very useful (:P still love ya pm101!).

Hope this helps

Archived