Premed 101 Forums

Admission with Minimum GPA and MCAT??

hmmm....yea not sure if it has anything to do with SWOMEN or not. Hey, does anyone know if SWOMEN applicants are mixed in with the other applicates after interview for the ranking, or do they have their own rankings since MCAT minimums are different?

Apparently they are considered on equal footing with everyone else who interviews. They only advantage they seem to be offered officially is the ability to interview with MCAT cutoffs as low as 8,8,8,O.

But unofficially I'm sure they are given way more consideration than we are led to believe. Last year, I believe it was ~80 SWOMEN candidates that were interviewed and roughly over 60+ that were offered admission (the exact numbers escape me at this point and I'm too lazy to hunt it down again). Needless to say, I'm assuming there must be some sort of bonus system in place during the interview that rewards them from coming from these communities. That might be one way to explain how they are able to compensate for their lower academic statistics.

Maybe the mcat and gpa works by how much above the min you are. Ie a swomen with a 10 is better than a non with an 11?

Keep in mind that for UWO's philosophy, SWOMEN individuals are just a better fit overall. They are expected to have a significantly higher acceptance rate than NONSWOMEN

Archived