Premed 101 Forums

What if you really can't come up with an answer??

lostinHP

I was just perusing the threads when I came across one that I couldn't think of an answer to for probably a good 10 minutes. It wasn't until I had to redefine certain terms in the question that I could satisfactorily answer it. It made me wonder though, what happens if that situation arose in an actual interview? What happens if you actually cannot think of something to answer the question? And I don't mean that you blank/freeze. If you can't think of an example to answer the question wouldn't it be better to say "I'm sorry but I cannot think of an example of when that happened" instead of lying/saying something that doesn't answer the question?

if you have no example from your own experiences to draw on to answer a question, the best thing to do is to say what you would do in such a situation. just tell them that you have never encountered that particular situation, but if it were to happen this is how you would handle it....

interviewers want to get a sense of who you are and how you react in/handle certain situations.

Archived