Premed 101 Forums

Organized Social Events on Interview Weekends

rocky222

For those of you who have attended social outings put on by the first or second years during interview weekend, have you found these informal gatherings to be worthwhile? Or will being surrounded by a bunch of overachieving premeds (;) ) do nothing more than to stoke my fears of personal inadequacy and raise my anxiety level?

I'm still debating about whether I should attend one the night before my interview, perhaps opting instead to spend it by myself catching a movie and just relaxing. Thoughts?

For those of you who have attended social outings put on by the first or second years during interview weekend, have you found these informal gatherings to be worthwhile? Or will being surrounded by a bunch of overachieving premeds (;) ) do nothing more than to stoke my fears of personal inadequacy and raise my anxiety level?

I'm still debating about whether I should attend one the night before my interview, perhaps opting instead to spend it by myself catching a movie and just relaxing. Thoughts?

I don't want to meet or get to know the competition. Normally I'd opt for a quiet night to meditate and be on top of my game for the interview. My old best friend is an engineering student at Mac, though, so I'm going to the engineers' big toga party Friday night (the night before my interview). Should be fun! No drinking, of course...not that I ever drink, but I certainly wouldn't want to be hung over for an interview.

... or worse, still drunk!

Wow, what a story that would make afterward, though! "Don't worry about the interview, I aced it and I was drunk!"

Or maybe, "Don't drink before your interview. I made a pass at one of the examiners and it wasn't received well."

Archived