Premed 101 Forums

Western Interviews

There are pros and cons to closed file. Of course, it's nice in that anything you say is fresh and not boring, but I'm kinda worried in the midst of everything, it'll be hard to squeeze in everything I want them to know about myself. Oh well, have to play it by ear.

On a side note, I'm really excited to see Western again!! It's been 4 years since I've last been there. Western is so pretty! Ha, it almost makes me wanna cite that as a reason for wanting to go to Western, but of course, must not be so shallow hehe. But yeah, now that I think about it, it is THE prettiest campus I've been to.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There are pros and cons to closed file. Of course, it's nice in that anything you say is fresh and not boring, but I'm kinda worried in the midst of everything, it'll be hard to squeeze in everything I want them to know about myself. Oh well, have to play it by ear.

On a side note, I'm really excited to see Western again!! It's been 4 years since I've last been there. Western is so pretty! Ha, it almost makes me wanna cite that as a reason for wanting to go to Western, but of course, must not be so shallow hehe. But yeah, now that I think about it, it is THE prettiest campus I've been to.

while I would agree, western is really nice (I'm from london, so have been there a lot), UBC was stunning... totally trumps anything else I've seen (even Cornell)

Man I was really more nervous than I thought I would be even though my interviewers were really friendly. And it definitely interfered with my performance on a few of the questions as I tended to ramble on and on at times. Oh well. Just hope for the best :)

YES YES YES....omg. I walked out going, "This is great!" But now it's like "Oh brother, no idea how I did at all". Okay, if everyone felt fantastic coming out, obviously not everyone actually did do fantastic. Which means my stupid answers are gonna kick me in the rear sooner or later. Ack well, I'm going to let it go. I can't learn from this experience for another 2 years at least if I reapply...so must..let...go.

If it is of any false reassurance...

I've been talking to one of the community interviewers (I'm applying next year) and she has said the applicants she has seen have been excellent this year...

So it sounds like interviewers whether they show it or not.... are impressed with your efforts..... she would definitely be the stone faced type during the interview too.

ahhh. i interviewed at UWO today. i thought i was maybe rambling a couple of times. also, the med student was pretty serious the entire time. he hardly smiled or even expressed any sort of reaction to what i was saying. that was kinda confusing. the community member was sweet - but not nearly as sweet as the community member at Queen's (who was such a lovely lady). the doctor was cool - but again generally hard to tell what he was thinking.

this was my 3rd interview.... and honestly i have no idea how it went. it could've been great, i could've totally screwed up. i really don't have a clue.

i'm constantly told that this is normal and that you can't ever tell - but omgggg, it is so hard to wait now until may 15.

i had my interview yesterday and it was probably the best of my three. it ended up being an hour and 10 minutes (25 minutes over the time lol). even after i finished with my interviewers, we stood up thanked each other, etc. and then kept talking! at one point i finally realized there must have been someone waiting outside, so i asked if they had a next interview to which they said yes lol. at that point i jetted out of there because i felt so bad the next person was waiting at least 10 minutes!

overall, western was incredible. i loved the campus, the city and my interview. :)

i had my interview yesterday and it was probably the best of my three. it ended up being an hour and 10 minutes (25 minutes over the time lol). even after i finished with my interviewers, we stood up thanked each other, etc. and then kept talking! at one point i finally realized there must have been someone waiting outside, so i asked if they had a next interview to which they said yes lol. at that point i jetted out of there because i felt so bad the next person was waiting at least 10 minutes!

overall, western was incredible. i loved the campus, the city and my interview. :)

wow 1:10 minutes! my interviewers seemed friendly, cept for the physician he seemed like he was generally uninterested since even BEFORE the interview began (I saw him outside). Did you guys get asked a lot of questions about the stuff you guys did? (ie tell me more about this..) I don't think I had time to specifically describe my activities but i did throw them in there in relation to a lot of the questions. I finished right on time.

Guest begaster
ahhh. i interviewed at UWO today. i thought i was maybe rambling a couple of times. also, the med student was pretty serious the entire time. he hardly smiled or even expressed any sort of reaction to what i was saying. that was kinda confusing. the community member was sweet - but not nearly as sweet as the community member at Queen's (who was such a lovely lady). the doctor was cool - but again generally hard to tell what he was thinking.

this was my 3rd interview.... and honestly i have no idea how it went. it could've been great, i could've totally screwed up. i really don't have a clue.

i'm constantly told that this is normal and that you can't ever tell - but omgggg, it is so hard to wait now until may 15.

Haha, were you in M026? You just described my interviewers to the letter.

An hour and ten minutes? Good God. I was done early. Did they ask you follow-up questions, or what? I kept throwing out topics but they never asked me to tell them more. :(

Haha, were you in M026? You just described my interviewers to the letter.

An hour and ten minutes? Good God. I was done early. Did they ask you follow-up questions, or what? I kept throwing out topics but they never asked me to tell them more. :(

same with me dude.. I think it was good to do that to show that we are involved but I think what it really came down to was a time issue - they neded to get through a lot of questions and fast.

Without disclosing anything, did anyone else get that little 'surprise' ..'question' ... that made u go "oh ok.." as well? Those who interviewed will know what I am talking about

If I am interpreting your comment correctly Alastriss, I did have that 'question'. I was actually kind of enthusiastic about it, believe it or not - strange as it was. By that point in my interview I was already feeling like a bit of an idiot, so I didn't think it could hurt me!

I also felt like I didn't have enough opportunities to talk about my experiences. I just have to assume that if they needed to know more about that stuff they would have asked more questions that required including past experiences in the responses.

If I am interpreting your comment correctly Alastriss, I did have that 'question'. I was actually kind of enthusiastic about it, believe it or not - strange as it was. By that point in my interview I was already feeling like a bit of an idiot, so I didn't think it could hurt me!

I also felt like I didn't have enough opportunities to talk about my experiences. I just have to assume that if they needed to know more about that stuff they would have asked more questions that required including past experiences in the responses.

Yeah same here.

Did anyone go for the water? I did and i didnt spill. But i caught myself fidgeting with the cap because didnt screw it on completely. I quickly stopped myself.

same with me dude.. I think it was good to do that to show that we are involved but I think what it really came down to was a time issue - they neded to get through a lot of questions and fast.

Without disclosing anything, did anyone else get that little 'surprise' ..'question' ... that made u go "oh ok.." as well? Those who interviewed will know what I am talking about

to the surpise question... yea that was messed up.....

mine went for a bout an hour tho.

Archived