Premed 101 Forums

Conditional acceptance

I recall someone (current student, I think) say that the acceptances are conditional on maintaining a 3.7. Is that indeed the case? Moreover, it wasn't clear if it's 3.7 cumulative or in current year - I assume it's for current year, but I thought I'd clarify. Can someone confirm?

Guest begaster

I'm pretty sure that only Western gives out conditional acceptances (with a 3.7, no less). I have never heard of Queen's doing the same. Are you sure you haven't just gotten the two confused?

I have a similar question and would really like it if someone can answer: What if only one year's GPA meets the cutoff. Would Queens still give a conditional interview offer like Western does?

Thanks.

No. Interview offers at Queen's are made upon you meeting either the overall GPA or the most recent 2 year GPA cut-off.

Elaine

Hey...

Yeah I asked...Unfortunately its true and one lesser school for me :( :(. This is the response I got:

"Hello,

We only consider grades for courses completed at the time the application is

submitted. This means that the GPA for the most recent 2 full time years

would be for your 2nd and 3rd years.

Thank you. "

So if we get accepted, do we have to send in an updated transcript from this year? Sorry if this has already been answered. I guess I could call the admissions office and ask, but I figured I would see if anybody already knows. Thanks.

if you met the cumulative cutoff and got an interview then then your current year marks don't mean anything.

If your most recent two years met the cutoff and you got an itnerview then your current year marks don't mean anything.

If only ONE of your recent two years met the cutoff the you didn't get an interview am i right?

So this means your curren year marks don't get considered.

if you met the cumulative cutoff and got an interview then then your current year marks don't mean anything.

If your most recent two years met the cutoff and you got an itnerview then your current year marks don't mean anything.

If only ONE of your recent two years met the cutoff the you didn't get an interview am i right?

No, queen's doesn't work like that. At queen's either your cGPA meets the cGPA cutoff or your last 2 years combined GPA must meet the special "last 2 years" cutoffs or you will not get an interview.

No, queen's doesn't work like that. At queen's either your cGPA meets the cGPA cutoff or your last 2 years combined GPA must meet the special "last 2 years" cutoffs or you will not get an interview.

exactly... that what i said (or meant lol)... so doesn't that indicate that current year grades don't get considred?

Thanks for the answer. I guess this makes sense given that there is no information on the website about sending in final transcripts after being accepted, while there is information about sending in a blood test and police check. The website also does not say anything about conditional acceptances.

Archived