Premed 101 Forums

Borderline...

Hey, I got my research positions through an academic advisor that I had met with (didn't even know about NSERC etc. at that point). Connections don't have to be through your parents, and you probably have more connections than you think.

I actually got mine through a prof who threw a recommendatin for me..but I had to impress him to get a recommendation. I dont consider that an unfair advantage because I had to earn that recommendation, and the same goes to your situation. Im just saying its a little unfair when your parents hook you up, thats all.

Not a bad score, depending on your distribution. I think with an R your writing capabilities are strong enough to make a very convincing personal statement.

You might be ok in Canada anyways with 32R.

WOW!

1083 Canadian applicants

out of whom

89 matriculated.

What's up with this?

It's like less than one in ten applicants enrol in one of the US schools.

Do a lot of people get accepted at one of the American schools and then just decide on a Canadian one after May 15th?

Let's hope that's the case, I'm sure this is the case.

Not a bad score, depending on your distribution. I think with an R your writing capabilities are strong enough to make a very convincing personal statement.

You might be ok in Canada anyways with 32R.

11VR,11PS, 10BS

Oh well, I'm applying to 25 schools, hopefully a few like me.

WOW!

1083 Canadian applicants

out of whom

89 matriculated.

What's up with this?

It's like less than one in ten applicants enrol in one of the US schools.

Do a lot of people get accepted at one of the American schools and then just decide on a Canadian one after May 15th?

Let's hope that's the case, I'm sure this is the case.

Interesting. I see the 89 matriculants (a shockingly low number), but where did you see the 1083?

Interesting. I see the 89 matriculants (a shockingly low number), but where did you see the 1083?

I think a lot more people get accepted, but only a handful actually matriculate.

KT, if you intend to accept a canadian offer, then you have become such an example!

And I think people say that 3.6-3.7 is enough when someone's mcat score is higher.

Using the LizzyM score as a crude way to quantitate gpa points with mcat points, approximately 0.1 = 1 mcat point. so a 3.6 and a 34 may be not so different than 3.7 and a 33.

Given that a lot of schools are not known as well by US adcomms the MCAT is weighted much more, so a GPA of 3.6-3.7 woul suffice if your mcat is solid - but your mcat has to be solid.

Archived