Premed 101 Forums

link to scholarship app

Ok, so to apply for the schulich scholarship, we need to fill out the pdf they emailed us, along with an online application. However, in my email, they didn't include a link to this online form, and I can't find it on the website (which by the way is one of the most horribly confusing websites I have ever navigated).

Anyone know the link?

Thanks.

Here is the link for the online bursary application. I think its due this Saturday, while the pdf is due on the 25th.

https://studentservices.uwo.ca/secure/AdmissionBursaries/

I'm currently stuck on the last parts (they want you to estimate how much interest you will pay on a line of credit, summer income, etc. Oh, how I wish I'd asked my dad to stop doing all my taxes and actually teach me how to do them sooner... I have no idea how to answer these.)

just take how much loan you estimate you need from the bank, and multiply by 0.06 (which is about what you can expect to pay on the LOC you'll get for being a med student) Prime rate may have actually dropped to 5.75%, so it may actually be 0.0575... that will give you an approximation of the interest you'll be paying... in reality you'll pay more, since you will be paying off your loan with more loan money... so this is an underestimation of how much you'll pay, but not too far off.

Thanks!

Any idea of how much I should estimate I'll need? I'm checking "yes" to the "are you applying for government loans" question... I've been told these are interest free (not sure if that's true). Now I have no clue how much to estimate will come from LOC vs. govt loans. (I got through undergrad without any loans, osap, etc, so this is all new to me).

just take how much loan you estimate you need from the bank, and multiply by 0.06 (which is about what you can expect to pay on the LOC you'll get for being a med student) Prime rate may have actually dropped to 5.75%, so it may actually be 0.0575... that will give you an approximation of the interest you'll be paying... in reality you'll pay more, since you will be paying off your loan with more loan money... so this is an underestimation of how much you'll pay, but not too far off.

Prime is now 5.25% and I am hoping for another decrease April 22! :)

Archived