Premed 101 Forums

verifiers being contacted?

hey everyone!!

hope the anxiety of this waiting period isn't getting to everyone like it is to me! i was wondering if anyone heard from their verifiers this week? one of mine is my friend, and she told me that she got a call from NOSM about one of my activities.

is this a bad thing, or are other people getting calls to their verifiers? i'm worried about this in case something in my application didn't add up!

thanks

:)

Hey! Last year my verifiers were contacted three days prior to when the results came out and I ended being waitlisted. If you read through the trends from last year those who had verifiers contacted early on in the process received first round offers. If you already had one of your verifiers contacted then that really is an excellent sign :D

I was hoping you could please tell me if you interviewed at Thunder Bay or Sudbury?

Also does anyone know if they leave messages for the verifiers to call them back? Also, does the number appear at NOSM or some other name?

Thanks so much and great job!

L :)

hey amixofmisfit!

thanks for your reply ! i interviewed at sudbury.. which works out better for me since it was less of travel to get there.. from what my friend said, the phone number was restricted but it didn't come up as NOSM; although, as soon as she picked up the person introduced themselves as being a NOSM admin.

thankfully, my verifier was studying when they called so she stepped out and answered the number. but i'm SURE that they would leave a message - i mean, we can't keep our cell phones on us all the time, right? :)

are you a NOSM student? if not, what number were you on the waitlist (if you don't mind me asking!)

:) good luck to you as well if you are in the med school application process

Oh my goodness!

I received an early admission today! I think they accidently sent out a few admission notices already, as the date on the acceptance letter that I received is May 15th, 2008!

I'm so excited!!! I think I'll be selecting TBay!

Anyone else received early admission?

Goodluck to everyone.

Webbie.

Oh my goodness!

I received an early admission today! I think they accidently sent out a few admission notices already, as the date on the acceptance letter that I received is May 15th, 2008!

Goodluck to everyone.

Webbie.

hahaha right.

Oh my goodness!

Goodluck to everyone.

Webbie.

At least get your facts straight if you are going to make stuff up. You are assigned to a campus with your acceptance (although you can request to change). Last year a couple people in the Thunder Bay area got their acceptances one day early as they were mailed from Thunder Bay.

Good-luck to everyone May 15th!

Yesterday morning at 9 a.m. a few of my verifiers were contacted by NOSM. Last year my verifiers were contacted two or three days before results came out and I ended up being waitlisted around the mid to high 20's. I am really hoping that since my verifiers were contacted a week prior to final results, that I'll have a better waitlist number this year :D

Yesterday morning at 9 a.m. a few of my verifiers were contacted by NOSM. Last year my verifiers were contacted two or three days before results came out and I ended up being waitlisted around the mid to high 20's. I am really hoping that since my verifiers were contacted a week prior to final results, that I'll have a better waitlist number this year :D

Since my verifier was contacted on April 25th, I'm really hoping that time is an important factor in whether you're accepted or waitlisted.... *nervous*

SuperKing25, I don't think you have anything to be nervous about :) I read through all the posts for the last three years and the trend is when your verifiers get contacted early on then you get in. There was one person who had a verifier contacted a week prior to final results and was accepted first round, considering your's were contacted so long ago I would be proud and confident that you will get an acceptance on May 15th ;)

Best of luck,

AMM

I had 2 verifiers (that I know of) contacted about 3 weeks to a month ago as well. I'm afraid that reading this forum and knowing they were contacted early is getting my hopes up! Good luck to everyone! I want tomorrow to be now!:mad:

hi! i just got a call from one of my verifiers (completely unrelated to the med school application) - and she said that NOSM contacted her to verify one of my volunteer activities.. but when i asked her when they contacted her she said she couldn't remember.. ahhhhh!

i just want to know NOW.. today at work has been a complete waste.. we keep discussing what to do tomorrow night (either celebrating or mourning) lol

I can't concentrate at all either! And I work in the building attached to NOSM... I feel like going over and spying lol. Everytime I have to go to that building I think they'll be reading the list out loud somewhere and I'll get to overhear... lol hasn't happened :(. Good luck to everyone!

Archived