Premed 101 Forums

2008 CountDown Thread...

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since results are coming back this week, I just wanted to say good luck to everyone. For those who don't make it this time around, just keep trying and things will eventually work out. For those who do make it, please enjoy your summer because once you're in, time just seems to fly by.

you guys are awesome! this thread has definitely lessened the tension of waiting... what a fun read =)

no matter what happens in 2 days, i'm sure we're all end up in medschool whether it be this year or the next or the year after! the fact that we're dedicated enough to go to a pre-med forum and spend all our time posting/reading says a lot lol! there's passion for ya.

best of luck to you all, you future doctors! :)

avenir, i'm amazed at the number of posts you have. 4000 posts in 2 years? wow lol.

loll well i dont have cable, not really into video games..so other than the occasional dvd, this is where i spend my free time.

and btw, may i introduce u to law & jochi who have like 6000 posts..just so i don't seem like the only one w/o a life here :D

From Pedro's NY Metro article:

"But patients can't understand records, and now they need an explanation. That's not part of what I have to do. I don't have to be in a position to interpret records to patients."

Yikes! Shoot me if I ever become this arrogant to think that doctors "don't have to be in a position to interpret records to patients." I understand being short for time and beleaguered, but this is bad medicine at its finest. I am really glad that my docs have all been stellar patient advocates... one even offered me a few names of good GPs in NYC when I mentioned I was toying with the idea of moving there... after this article, I think I will get those names again.

:)

ha ha thats really funny. This morning just underneath the FAQs there was a heading titled "2008 Offers of Admission". I just checked and its not there. These are the various forms containing info on vaccinations, financial assistance etc...

My point with posting that observation was that the time is quickly approaching...

From Pedro's NY Metro article:

"But patients can't understand records, and now they need an explanation. That's not part of what I have to do. I don't have to be in a position to interpret records to patients."

Yikes! Shoot me if I ever become this arrogant to think that doctors "don't have to be in a position to interpret records to patients." I understand being short for time and beleaguered, but this is bad medicine at its finest. I am really glad that my docs have all been stellar patient advocates... one even offered me a few names of good GPs in NYC when I mentioned I was toying with the idea of moving there... after this article, I think I will get those names again.

:)

I was just going to comment on that same statement, then realized someone else did already. It's exactly those types of phrases that stereotype doctors as cold, care-about-nothing-but-prestige robots. Bah... The were a number of other things in the article that pissed me off, but I can feel my blood pressure rising as I type, so I'm signing off!

Archived